- Lionel Messi wants to leave Spain because he feels persecuted by the taxman [El Confidencial]
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino insists he has the support of Daniel Levy [Video]
- Wayne Rooney posts video of his son Kai doing cartwheels before he did the same in celebration against Slovenia
- Flashback Friday! Thierry Henry scores one of the great Premier League goals against Man United
- Arsenal post video showing why ‘Welbz’ is ‘Dat Guy’ [Video]
Why was Kyle Walker wearing glasses at Spurs’ 1st training session under Pochettino?
— Roberto Kusabbi (@RKTweets) July 5, 2014
Is Kyle Walker the new Edgar Davids?!
There will inevitably be a lot of focus on Kyle Walker this season after Glen Johnson failed to impress for England at the World Cup.
The Spurs full back may have given England more thrust going forward and his all-action game would have been more suited to the Brazilian conditions.
For Tottenham, Walker looks to be a perfect fit for Mauricio Pochettino’s style going forward at White Hart Lane.
Today, Pochettino held his first training session as Tottenham boss with the likes of Sandro, Danny Rose, Emmanuel Adebayor, Lewis Holtby, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend all present.
It has also been noticed that Kyle Walker was wearing a pair of glasses in training, which these days, unless you are Edgar Davids, is pretty rare.
Davids wore his glasses due to glaucoma.
Perhaps Walker just forgot his contact lenses at home. No doubt we will find out in due course…
Video of Pochettino’s first training session is below. Followed by a couple of suggestions as to why Walker was wearing glasses…
@102greatgoals heard it's because they go light/dark/flash in an attempt to improve concentration from players
— Arjun (@Arjun5_) July 5, 2014
@102greatgoals Strobe Glasses. Used to improve vision! Makes it harder to see so after your eyes have adjusted and vision just improves!
— Greggg (@Greg_Peth) July 5, 2014
- Updated: July 5, 2014