- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
- Robinho scores silky solo effort after bamboozling defence with step-overs [Video]
- David Moyes was spotted chatting to Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre at Turf Moor
- Beast! Julio Baptista scores a belter from a cleared Cafu cross in charity game [Video]
What for ref?! Neymar’s ridiculous sending off v Ponte Preta
“Neither do I know what happened. I should not have been expelled. The spat with Artur was normal. The player who should have been sent off but was not, was Cleber.” – Neymar.
With his bleach blonde hair and the continued rumours of a mega deal to Barcelona or any number of other big clubs in Europe, you just cannot keep Neymar from being centre of attention.
On Sunday night, as Santos travelled to Ponte Preta in the Paulista, Neymar made headlines for all the wrong reasons but you have to feel for the youngster, it looks like he simply shouldn’t have received a red card.
In first half-injury time, with Santos 1-0 down, a high ball caused a little confusion in the Ponte Preta box and the sistuation soon escalated with Neymar knocked to the ground almost immediately.
Neymar was the first to go, after he was flashed the red card by referee Luiz Flavio De Oliveira. Ponte Preta’s Artur was also sent off, although as the Santos forward points out above, Cleber was the one who was much more aggressive.
Half time of the Paulista clash was dominated with analysis of why Neymar was sent off with the player himself going straight to the cameras to protest his innocence.
Santos left back summed up what many in the Estádio Moisés Lucarelli were feeling: “The crowd came to see Neymar who is a playmaker. This sending off ruins the whole show.”
This marks the third time Neymar has been sent off in his short professional career.
Footage of Neymar’s unjust sending off is below.
- Updated: February 17, 2013