West Ham’s Karen Brady used her weekly column in the Sun this weekend to tell an embarrassing story about Hammers striker Diafra Sakho.
Sakho, the 24-year-old Senegalese striker, has proved an instant success at Upton Park this season, having scored three goals in four games following his transfer from Metz in the summer.
Whilst Sakho is having no problems on the field for the Irons, the attacker did have a major spot of bother in his apartment this week.
According to West Ham’s Brady, Sakho narrowly avoided burning his apartment to the ground this week after a fire broke out in his flat after the footballer forgot that he was boiling water n a kettle on the stove.
Sakho apparently went for a shower while the gas burner was on, which lead to a fire that saw all the inhabitants of the building forced out onto the street as the fire alarm went off.
See a copy of the article in the Sun on Sunday above.