West Brom seek compensation after Chelsea net 16-year-old starlet Izzy Brown [Birmingham Mail]
- July 7, 2013
Chelsea are on the verge of completing another signing in the transfer window after moving for 16-year-old West Brom starlet Izzy Brown.
In a slightly strange story reported by Chris Lepkowski (see below), the Baggies are now seeking a compensation package for their teenage star after the youngster already began training with Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea over the weekend.
Midfielder Isaiah Brown shot to fame last season when he was involved in West Brom’s Premier League in a match at Chelsea. ‘Izzy’, as he’s better known, never actually made it onto the pitch at Stamford Bridge, however the youngster did eventually make his EPL debut against Wigan at the end of the season.
— Chris Lepkowski (@chrislepkowski) July 7, 2013
Born in Peterborough, the Baggies snapped up Izzy Brown at just 14 years old. However despite having pumped plenty of time and effort into the afro-haired midfileder’s growth, it has long seemed certain that West Brom would be unable to hold onto their young star. That was made clear after Brown spent a week at Arsenal on trial last season: something he couldn’t have done without Albion’s permission.
Tall, skillful, and able to hit the target with both left and right boot, Izzy Brown is tipped to be a future star of tomorrow. The Englishman was Albion’s academy Player of the Year last season, and many will be hoping that the move to Chelsea will see Brown’s development step up another level.
Whether moving to Chelsea is the right move for Izzy Brown, though, remains to be seen. The youngster is unlikely to feature for some time in Chelsea’s first team setup, however the teenager was never likely to turn down an opportunity to join the Pensioners as he is reportedly a diehard Blues fan.
Footage of Chelsea’s new signing, 16-year-old Izzy Brown, can be seen below.
- Eden Hazard scored a brilliant solo golazo for Chelsea v Barcelona (Videos)
- Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho snaps back at Rafa Benitez’s wife, tells her to tak...
- Chelsea 2 – Barcelona 2: Hazard & Cahill find the target before Blues win a ...
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- The Guardian ponder how Chelsea can improve on last season’s title-winning exploi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi