West Brom seek compensation after Chelsea net 16-year-old starlet Izzy Brown [Birmingham Mail]
Chelsea are on the verge of completing another signing in the transfer window after moving for 16-year-old West Brom starlet Izzy Brown.
In a slightly strange story reported by Chris Lepkowski (see below), the Baggies are now seeking a compensation package for their teenage star after the youngster already began training with Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea over the weekend.
Midfielder Isaiah Brown shot to fame last season when he was involved in West Brom’s Premier League in a match at Chelsea. ‘Izzy’, as he’s better known, never actually made it onto the pitch at Stamford Bridge, however the youngster did eventually make his EPL debut against Wigan at the end of the season.
— Chris Lepkowski (@chrislepkowski) July 7, 2013
Born in Peterborough, the Baggies snapped up Izzy Brown at just 14 years old. However despite having pumped plenty of time and effort into the afro-haired midfileder’s growth, it has long seemed certain that West Brom would be unable to hold onto their young star. That was made clear after Brown spent a week at Arsenal on trial last season: something he couldn’t have done without Albion’s permission.
Tall, skillful, and able to hit the target with both left and right boot, Izzy Brown is tipped to be a future star of tomorrow. The Englishman was Albion’s academy Player of the Year last season, and many will be hoping that the move to Chelsea will see Brown’s development step up another level.
Whether moving to Chelsea is the right move for Izzy Brown, though, remains to be seen. The youngster is unlikely to feature for some time in Chelsea’s first team setup, however the teenager was never likely to turn down an opportunity to join the Pensioners as he is reportedly a diehard Blues fan.
Footage of Chelsea’s new signing, 16-year-old Izzy Brown, can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Pep Guardiola impressed with Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United of late (Video)December 5, 2016
- Chelsea & Man City charged by the FA. Cesc Fabregas gets away with itDecember 5, 2016
- Real Madrid offer rejected for wonderkid Alexander Isak. Chelsea still in the mix [Expressen]December 5, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to claim he snubbed Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (Video)December 5, 2016
- Chelsea & Arsenal stars join two Baggies in the BBC’s team of the weekDecember 5, 2016
- Everton & West Brom keen on signing Morgan Schneiderlin from Man United [Telegraph]December 2, 2016
- Tony Pulis has been ordered to pay Crystal Palace £3.7m by high court [Telegraph]November 28, 2016
- West Brom’s social media account trolled Aston VillaNovember 22, 2016