Wenger confirms Arsenal’s Cesc contract clause, doesn’t think Fabregas is heading to Man United
- July 17, 2013
“Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona. Unless he has changed his mind. I don’t know. But that’s what I have been told. We have the clause in his contract so we would be on alert but at the moment that’s not something we are after.” – Arsene Wenger following the 7-1 win over Vietnam.
A quote by Arsene Wenger after Wednesday’s pre-season friendly rout over Vietnam has piqued the interest of many Arsenal and Manchester United fans as the race for Cesc Fabregas hots up.
Whilst Wenger does not appear to know the financial resources of Barcelona, arguably the key factor in Manchester United’s move for Cesc, The Professor believes the Spaniard is staying at his boyhood club.
Manchester United’s bid for Fabregas was turned down by Barcelona earlier this week.
Wenger also confirms that Arsenal included a clause in Fabregas’ Barcelona contract, when he left two years ago, that suggests the Gunners have first refusal on their former captain.
Although, there are reports that this clause is only invoked if Fabregas himself wishes to return to the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger certainly likes speaking in riddles!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...