- Spurs’ Andros Townsend banters Roberto Soldado for using Google Translate in Twitter chat
- Xabi Alonso is already giving interviews in German to Bayern TV, after 2 months of classes [Video]
- FC Barcelona will not renew Qatar sponsorship deal due to terror financing concerns
- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
Wenger confirms Arsenal’s Cesc contract clause, doesn’t think Fabregas is heading to Man United
“Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona. Unless he has changed his mind. I don’t know. But that’s what I have been told. We have the clause in his contract so we would be on alert but at the moment that’s not something we are after.” – Arsene Wenger following the 7-1 win over Vietnam.
A quote by Arsene Wenger after Wednesday’s pre-season friendly rout over Vietnam has piqued the interest of many Arsenal and Manchester United fans as the race for Cesc Fabregas hots up.
Whilst Wenger does not appear to know the financial resources of Barcelona, arguably the key factor in Manchester United’s move for Cesc, The Professor believes the Spaniard is staying at his boyhood club.
Manchester United’s bid for Fabregas was turned down by Barcelona earlier this week.
Wenger also confirms that Arsenal included a clause in Fabregas’ Barcelona contract, when he left two years ago, that suggests the Gunners have first refusal on their former captain.
Although, there are reports that this clause is only invoked if Fabregas himself wishes to return to the Emirates.
Arsene Wenger certainly likes speaking in riddles!
- Updated: July 17, 2013