Villarreal offer Mateo Musacchio new deal to ward off Spurs interest [AS]
- August 11, 2014
A week ago it looked odds on that Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio would be a Tottenham player.
The Argentine defender appeared to be a perfect fit for new Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino and a defender that could fit in alongside Jan Vertonghen in the centre of defence.
Spanish newspaper AS however report that Villarreal are increasingly confident of holding on to Musacchio and have offered the centre back a new deal.
Villarreal CEO Fernando Roig has offered Musacchio a new wage that is not far off what Tottenham had offered.
The increased salary at White Hart Lane had been a major factor in Musacchio being keen on a move and the Villarreal offer will mean a tough decision for the player who has been with the Yellow Submarine for five seasons.
It appears from the AS report that the decision of whether to join Spurs could well rest with the player and there is no mention of any complications regarding third party ownership that had originally slowed the move down.
- Vlad Chiricheș starts training with Napoli following move from Spurs
- Tottenham have €10million bid for striker Clinton N’Jie rejected, Lyon want €20mi...
- Tottenham Hotspur are to open talks with Stuttgart for striker Timo Werner [Telegraph]
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Watch Dele Alli impress for Tottenham v MLS All Stars (Individual highlights)
- Sol Campbell: Arsenal were better than Spurs in every way, Sepp Blatter has done a lot ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi