Villarreal offer Mateo Musacchio new deal to ward off Spurs interest [AS]
- August 11, 2014
A week ago it looked odds on that Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio would be a Tottenham player.
The Argentine defender appeared to be a perfect fit for new Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino and a defender that could fit in alongside Jan Vertonghen in the centre of defence.
Spanish newspaper AS however report that Villarreal are increasingly confident of holding on to Musacchio and have offered the centre back a new deal.
Villarreal CEO Fernando Roig has offered Musacchio a new wage that is not far off what Tottenham had offered.
The increased salary at White Hart Lane had been a major factor in Musacchio being keen on a move and the Villarreal offer will mean a tough decision for the player who has been with the Yellow Submarine for five seasons.
It appears from the AS report that the decision of whether to join Spurs could well rest with the player and there is no mention of any complications regarding third party ownership that had originally slowed the move down.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...