Villa want £25M for Benteke; Player has rejected Liverpool approach, would prefer Spurs [Guardian & Belgian Press]
- July 9, 2013
On Monday 22 year old Christian Benteke handed in a transfer request at Aston Villa amid interest from the likes of Tottenham & Liverpool.
After a terrific first season in the Premier League, Benteke has taken notice of the top clubs interest in him and now wants to leave.
However, the Guardian have reported that Aston Villa won’t accept any bids below £25M. Villa boss Paul Lambert will be hoping no one makes the right offer for the Belgian frontman.
Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea have all shown interest but it appears Benteke would prefer to go to Spurs, a club where he can get first team football in Europe.
Belgian Media were reporting late on Tuesday night that Christian Benteke had actually rejected an approach from Liverpool, instead hoping to secure a move to White Hart Lane.
Perhaps Benteke would like to link up with national team colleagues Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen.
It’s reported that he doesn’t feel he’s ready for a club as big as Chelsea so Spurs are in the driving seat if Daniel Levy is willing to cough up the cash.
- Aston Villa keeper Brad Guzan trolled by his wife during USA’s World Cup win [Ins...
- Man City are on the verge of signing Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph in £8m transfer
- Micah Richards gives his first interview since joining Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool have sealed a deal for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke [Talksport Audio]
- Tottenham hope to land Christian Benteke by offering Aston Villa Emmanuel Adebayor
- Rumours fly that Aston Villa are about to sign Brøndby keeper Lukas Hradecky. They seem...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi