- Kyle Walker takes part in spectacular Spurs rondo game; Harry Kane messes up [Video]
- Franck Ribery: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Ballon d’Or win in 2013 ‘all politics’, backs Manuel Neuer
- John Arne Riise didn’t play for APOEL, but he did bag Lionel Messi’s shirt!
- Amazing! Brazilian newspaper sensational front page on Cup Final day today [Picture]
- Footage of the Bayern Munich banquet after Man City defeat
Villa want £25M for Benteke; Player has rejected Liverpool approach, would prefer Spurs [Guardian & Belgian Press]
On Monday 22 year old Christian Benteke handed in a transfer request at Aston Villa amid interest from the likes of Tottenham & Liverpool.
After a terrific first season in the Premier League, Benteke has taken notice of the top clubs interest in him and now wants to leave.
However, the Guardian have reported that Aston Villa won’t accept any bids below £25M. Villa boss Paul Lambert will be hoping no one makes the right offer for the Belgian frontman.
Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea have all shown interest but it appears Benteke would prefer to go to Spurs, a club where he can get first team football in Europe.
Belgian Media were reporting late on Tuesday night that Christian Benteke had actually rejected an approach from Liverpool, instead hoping to secure a move to White Hart Lane.
Perhaps Benteke would like to link up with national team colleagues Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen.
It’s reported that he doesn’t feel he’s ready for a club as big as Chelsea so Spurs are in the driving seat if Daniel Levy is willing to cough up the cash.
- Updated: July 9, 2013