- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Villa want £25M for Benteke; Player has rejected Liverpool approach, would prefer Spurs [Guardian & Belgian Press]
- July 9, 2013
On Monday 22 year old Christian Benteke handed in a transfer request at Aston Villa amid interest from the likes of Tottenham & Liverpool.
After a terrific first season in the Premier League, Benteke has taken notice of the top clubs interest in him and now wants to leave.
However, the Guardian have reported that Aston Villa won’t accept any bids below £25M. Villa boss Paul Lambert will be hoping no one makes the right offer for the Belgian frontman.
Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea have all shown interest but it appears Benteke would prefer to go to Spurs, a club where he can get first team football in Europe.
Belgian Media were reporting late on Tuesday night that Christian Benteke had actually rejected an approach from Liverpool, instead hoping to secure a move to White Hart Lane.
Perhaps Benteke would like to link up with national team colleagues Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen.
It’s reported that he doesn’t feel he’s ready for a club as big as Chelsea so Spurs are in the driving seat if Daniel Levy is willing to cough up the cash.