Villa want £25M for Benteke; Player has rejected Liverpool approach, would prefer Spurs [Guardian & Belgian Press]
- July 9, 2013
On Monday 22 year old Christian Benteke handed in a transfer request at Aston Villa amid interest from the likes of Tottenham & Liverpool.
After a terrific first season in the Premier League, Benteke has taken notice of the top clubs interest in him and now wants to leave.
However, the Guardian have reported that Aston Villa won’t accept any bids below £25M. Villa boss Paul Lambert will be hoping no one makes the right offer for the Belgian frontman.
Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea have all shown interest but it appears Benteke would prefer to go to Spurs, a club where he can get first team football in Europe.
Belgian Media were reporting late on Tuesday night that Christian Benteke had actually rejected an approach from Liverpool, instead hoping to secure a move to White Hart Lane.
Perhaps Benteke would like to link up with national team colleagues Mousa Dembele and Jan Vertonghen.
It’s reported that he doesn’t feel he’s ready for a club as big as Chelsea so Spurs are in the driving seat if Daniel Levy is willing to cough up the cash.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...