- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Video: Watch Bacary Sagna ignore Emmanuel Adebayor in the tunnel pre Arsenal 5 – Spurs 2
“The more clubs he has, the more he is outstanding because he plays against his former teams!” – Arsene Wenger on Emmanuel Adebayor.
All eyes were always going to be on Emmanuel Adebayor at the Emirates on Saturday and the Togo striker lived up to his pre-match billing by playing a key role as Arsenal sauntered to a second successive 5-2 Emirates win over Spurs.
Adebayor put Tottenham ahead on 10 minutes and then just eight minutes later was sent off for a high challenge on Santi Cazorla which for many changed the complexion of the game and was a key factor in Arsenal’s win.
Intriguingly, the Spurs forward may have been a little put off in the minutes preceding kick off due to an interesting exchange with Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna.
The video below shows Adebayor embrace Arsenal mascot Gunnersaurus on arrival at the Emirates and then we see the two teams line-up – ready for the match ahead.
Adebayor taps the shoulder of Sagna and appears to say something to the Arsenal full back but the latter simply blanks the Spurs forward and looks straight ahead.
Yet more chatter from Adebayor is ignored and then another former Arsenal player in William Gallas comes over and receives a hefty hug from Sagna.
Watch the footage of Bacary Sagna ignoring Emmanuel Adebayor before Arsenal 5 – Spurs 2 on the video below. (Warning: video might not be up for long due to the internet police…)
UPDATE: Thanks to “Almostframps” in the comments for pointing us to a second video that shows Adebayor high-five Sagna first time round before the Arsenal defender then ignores the Togo striker when he returns. See second video below.
- Updated: November 17, 2012