Video: The shocking Millwall abuse of Leeds forward El Hadji Diouf
- February 12, 2013
“Like all Millwall fans and football fans generally, we’re appalled by the footage we’ve seen. Clearly that behaviour is unacceptable in any football ground in the country and at Millwall we will ban the individuals for life and we hope that Sky will pass the footage to the police so that further action can be taken.” – Millwall chief executive, Andy Ambler.
Not for the first time, Millwall fans are coming in for some heavy criticism following a an investigation aired by Sky Sports on Monday.
The shocking video below comes from Millwall’s 1-0 win over Leeds in the Championship on November 18, 2012.
Leeds forward El Hadji Diouf was the main victim and even complained to referee Mark Halsey as well as even pointing out where the monkey chants were coming from.
El Hadji Diouf may well be one of the most unsavoury characters in modern football but it is not hard to have sympathy for him here.
Andy Ambler has promised further action from Millwall, which under the circumstances is the least that is expected.
Also in November last year, Millwall fans were arrested over a banner that targeted Bolton forward Marvin Sordell.
(The picture above is from a Crystal Palace game, aimed at their rivals Millwall.)
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]