- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Video: Chamakh acted as Nasri’s bodyguard as Arsenal fans pelted them with abuse
We brought you the Tweets, now time for the videos.
To recap, journalist for the Independent Darren Richman got in touch with us on Sunday night to tell us the story of how his brother, Robert Richman, witnessed ugly scenes between Arsenal fans, Marouane Chamakh and Samir Nasri on Sunday at the Emirates.
Nasri (suspended due to his sending off at Norwich) and Marouane Chamakh (on loan at West Ham) travelled together to watch Arsenal’s home defeat to Manchester City.
As the Premier League duo walked up to the stadium however, they were greeted by abuse from a group of Arsenal fans who were far from backwards in coming forward for their hatred of Nasri in particular.
Cuss words and aggressive gestures were hurled at ex-Gunner Nasri, and Chamakh, looking to defuse the tensions between the fans and the City midfielder, positioned himself as something of a bodyguard between the warring parties.
Eventually, as the steps of the Emirates came into view, one angry man got right in Nasri’s face, which saw Chamakh yank the supporter away from his former teammate in order to make sure nothing untoward played out.
Watch the heated tensions between the Arsenal fans, Samir Nasri and Marouane Chamakh on two videos below.
- Updated: January 14, 2013