VIDEO: Jay Emmanuel Thomas scores a wonder goal for Arsenal reserves v Everton
- November 10, 2010
We seem to have highlighted Arsenal youngster Jay Emmanuel Thomas quite a few times on this blog over the past year or so and the next youngster to emerge from the conveyor belt of talent produced by Arsene Wenger continues to produce wonderful moments in the reserves.
Last month we highlighted JET’s hat-trick for Arsenal reserves against West Ham (article and video here) and his statistics this season so far suggest he should be playing at a far higher level.
On Monday night, Arsenal’s reserve team brushed aside Everton 4-1 with Jay Emmanuel Thomas scoring a brace.Â In just six appearances this season he has now scored 10 goals and chipped in with five assists, ridiculous stats at any level.
His second goal was a special effort. Cutting in from the right, JET beat two Everton defenders with a sublime piece of skill, described by the Arsenal website as “With his left foot he somehow seemed to shift the ball around the back of his right leg and leave the defender behind in one graceful swooping motion before firing a low shot into the bottom-right corner from just inside the area.Â A piece of skill almost beyond words.”
Whilst it is impossible to criticise Arsene Wenger when discussing young players, his reticence to use Wojciech Szczesny and Jay Emmanuel Thomas in the Arsenal first team this season does seem like an oversight.
Related link: Arsene Wenger’s press conference pre-Wolves.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi