- Watch Lionel Messi watch his Barcelona tribute for becoming La Liga top goal scorer
- AC Milan v Inter Milan: Watch a live stream of the Derby della Madonnina – available in UK
- Liverpool linked to £10m bid for Norwich’s Nathan Redmond in the Sunday Star [Picture]
- Superfan Claude doesn’t think Gunners will make top 4 after Man United loss [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Mario Balotelli turns up at the boxing, surely out of Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Video Analysis: How Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich
Credit to Vimeo user ‘CounterPressing’ for putting together an excellent video showing how Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich.
The video uses footage from Bayern’s 2-0 win over Barcelona in a pre-season friendly this week to illustrate Bayern’s tactical development.
Against Barcelona, Arjen Robben was used as the single forward leading the Munich attack whilst Toni Kroos started the match as Bayern’s midfield anchor.
With only one man up-top, Bayern’s new formation allows the Bavarians to use their four midfielders to press the opposition high up the pitch when they are on the ball in their half. Alternatively, when Bayern are on the back foot, two central midfielders (against Barcelona these were Lahm and Thiago) fall back to offer a 3-man line of protection ahead of the team’s back four.
Watch the superb breakdown of Bayern Munich’s new 4-1-4-1 formation below.
- Updated: July 26, 2013