- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Video Analysis: How Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich
- July 26, 2013
Credit to Vimeo user ‘CounterPressing’ for putting together an excellent video showing how Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich.
The video uses footage from Bayern’s 2-0 win over Barcelona in a pre-season friendly this week to illustrate Bayern’s tactical development.
Against Barcelona, Arjen Robben was used as the single forward leading the Munich attack whilst Toni Kroos started the match as Bayern’s midfield anchor.
With only one man up-top, Bayern’s new formation allows the Bavarians to use their four midfielders to press the opposition high up the pitch when they are on the ball in their half. Alternatively, when Bayern are on the back foot, two central midfielders (against Barcelona these were Lahm and Thiago) fall back to offer a 3-man line of protection ahead of the team’s back four.
Watch the superb breakdown of Bayern Munich’s new 4-1-4-1 formation below.