Video Analysis: How Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich
- July 26, 2013
Credit to Vimeo user ‘CounterPressing’ for putting together an excellent video showing how Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich.
The video uses footage from Bayern’s 2-0 win over Barcelona in a pre-season friendly this week to illustrate Bayern’s tactical development.
Against Barcelona, Arjen Robben was used as the single forward leading the Munich attack whilst Toni Kroos started the match as Bayern’s midfield anchor.
With only one man up-top, Bayern’s new formation allows the Bavarians to use their four midfielders to press the opposition high up the pitch when they are on the ball in their half. Alternatively, when Bayern are on the back foot, two central midfielders (against Barcelona these were Lahm and Thiago) fall back to offer a 3-man line of protection ahead of the team’s back four.
Watch the superb breakdown of Bayern Munich’s new 4-1-4-1 formation below.
- Man United prepare €82m offer for Thomas Muller. Talks have begun [Sport 1]
- BBC duped by a fake report linking Bayern’s Thomas Muller & Arjen Robben to ...
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has destroyed Mario Gotze, says the player’s agent
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi