Video Analysis: How Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich
- July 26, 2013
Credit to Vimeo user ‘CounterPressing’ for putting together an excellent video showing how Pep Guardiola is implementing a 4-1-4-1 system at Bayern Munich.
The video uses footage from Bayern’s 2-0 win over Barcelona in a pre-season friendly this week to illustrate Bayern’s tactical development.
Against Barcelona, Arjen Robben was used as the single forward leading the Munich attack whilst Toni Kroos started the match as Bayern’s midfield anchor.
With only one man up-top, Bayern’s new formation allows the Bavarians to use their four midfielders to press the opposition high up the pitch when they are on the ball in their half. Alternatively, when Bayern are on the back foot, two central midfielders (against Barcelona these were Lahm and Thiago) fall back to offer a 3-man line of protection ahead of the team’s back four.
Watch the superb breakdown of Bayern Munich’s new 4-1-4-1 formation below.
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Douglas Costa pulled off a rainbow flick during Bayern Munich win v Leverkusen (officia...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Bayern Munich stars don lederhosen in annual Paulaner photo shoot for Oktoberfest (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...