- Chelsea, Spurs & Liverpool all target Inter’s £28m-rated Mauro Icardi [Express]
- Yaya Sanogo set to start up front for Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund tonight [Mirror]
- Liverpool’s Rickie Lambert: ‘I find the criticism of Steven Gerrard shocking to be honest’
- Jurgen Klopp gives funny shrug of the shoulders when asked if any PL clubs have called him [Video]
- Christian Eriksen: ‘There have been a lot of changes since I joined Spurs, but we’re on right path’ [Video]
Sporting Lisbon reject a €25 million bid from Arsenal for William Carvalho [A Bola]
The front page of Portuguese paper A Bola on Thursday carves out a small space to inform readers that Arsenal have had an official approach for William Carvalho rejected.
According to the headline, Sporting Lisbon have refused to sell the defensive midfielder to the Gunners are receiving a bid of €25 million.
The bid seems to have failed as Sporting are seeking a higher valuation on their prized asset, and by all accounts Arsenal will return with an improved offer before the transfer window closes in 10 days time.
Arsenal appear to be in need of more bodies in midfield after Mikel Arteta picked up an injury in the Champions League match against Besiktas on Tuesday night.
See a copy of the front page of A Bola on Thursday below.
- Updated: August 21, 2014