Sporting Lisbon reject a €25 million bid from Arsenal for William Carvalho [A Bola]
- August 21, 2014
The front page of Portuguese paper A Bola on Thursday carves out a small space to inform readers that Arsenal have had an official approach for William Carvalho rejected.
According to the headline, Sporting Lisbon have refused to sell the defensive midfielder to the Gunners are receiving a bid of €25 million.
The bid seems to have failed as Sporting are seeking a higher valuation on their prized asset, and by all accounts Arsenal will return with an improved offer before the transfer window closes in 10 days time.
Arsenal appear to be in need of more bodies in midfield after Mikel Arteta picked up an injury in the Champions League match against Besiktas on Tuesday night.
See a copy of the front page of A Bola on Thursday below.
- Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini is talking to Bastia about a move [Eurosport]
- Raheem Sterling tops list of 20 most valuable youngsters ft. Man United & Arsenal ...
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi