Sporting Lisbon reject a €25 million bid from Arsenal for William Carvalho [A Bola]
- August 21, 2014
The front page of Portuguese paper A Bola on Thursday carves out a small space to inform readers that Arsenal have had an official approach for William Carvalho rejected.
According to the headline, Sporting Lisbon have refused to sell the defensive midfielder to the Gunners are receiving a bid of €25 million.
The bid seems to have failed as Sporting are seeking a higher valuation on their prized asset, and by all accounts Arsenal will return with an improved offer before the transfer window closes in 10 days time.
Arsenal appear to be in need of more bodies in midfield after Mikel Arteta picked up an injury in the Champions League match against Besiktas on Tuesday night.
See a copy of the front page of A Bola on Thursday below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...