Marouane Fellaini has already met Napoli to seal his move from Man United [CdS]
- July 30, 2014
The biggest story on the front page of Corriere Dello Sport on Wednesday is news of Marouane Fellaini’s impending move from Manchester United to Napoli.
The Belgian was signed by David Moyes for 27 million pounds last summer, but never manage to convince the fans that he was a worthy United player, looking out of place in central midfield, having done most of his good work at Everton as a false-forward destroyer.
The English press broke the news earlier this week that Fellaini is now on the verge of a move to Naples, and that story is rubber-stamped by Corriere Dello Sport, who reveal the parties have already had a face-to-face meeting to discuss the transfer.
According to reports, Fellaini and his representatives sat down with Napoli on Sunday, July 15th, at the Sheraton Hotel near the Brussels International Airport in Zaventem.
As to the terms of the proposed move, Manchester United are said to want to sell off Fellaini for as little as 19 million euros, whilst Napoli are angling to try sign the afro-haired star on loan before committing themselves to a permanent deal.
Another issue which the clubs need to work out is payment, or renegotiation, of Fellaini’s 3 million euro a season pay packet.
Corriere Dello Sport round off their article by stating that, despite the financial issues which need to be agreed, all indications are that the clubs are working hard to find common ground so that the deal will materialise.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]