- Yaya Sanogo set to start up front for Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund tonight [Mirror]
- Liverpool’s Rickie Lambert: ‘I find the criticism of Steven Gerrard shocking to be honest’
- Jurgen Klopp gives funny shrug of the shoulders when asked if any PL clubs have called him [Video]
- Christian Eriksen: ‘There have been a lot of changes since I joined Spurs, but we’re on right path’ [Video]
- Enhanced Acca! Back Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid & Juventus all to win at 8/1
Man United to sign AC Milan’s Nigel de Jong for £10m, 9 players being axed [Sunday Star]
For the second weekend running the Sunday Star are going it alone reporting that Manchester United are signing AC Milan’s Nigel de Jong.
According to the red-top:
On the way in are Dutch pair Nigel de Jong and Daley Blind.
United are waiting for AC Milan to give midfielder De Jong the green light to fly to Manchester today (Sunday) to complete a £10 million deal.
Alongside the reports of signings, the Star also peddle the belief that Man United are trying to get rid of nine players before the window slams shut.
The information of the players on the chopping block is withheld on the back page splash, but one can assume that the usual names of Tom Cleverley, Shinji Kagawa, Javier Hernandez, Anderson and Danny Welbeck are all in the mix.
See the splash of the Sunday Star’s sports section above.
- Updated: August 30, 2014