- The Top 10 Youngsters in World Football 2014 [Video]
- Lionel Messi’s insanely brilliant control for 2nd goal v Cordoba [GIF + video]
- Amazing! Jonas Gutierrez makes his Newcastle comeback for the under-21s v West Ham [Pictures]
- Harry Kane has now equalled last season’s top goal scorer at Spurs [Graphic]
- Supposed Arsenal & Man United target Christoph Kramer signs a new Bayer Leverkusen deal
Tottenham sign Nacer Chadli from FC Twente for €7 million [RTBF & AD.nl]
Radio Télévision Belge Francophone (RTBF), the public broadcasting organization of the French Community of Belgium, and Dutch website AD.nl have both gone to print on Sunday with the news that Tottenham have signed Nacer Chadli from FC Twente for €7 million.
Should the reports prove accurate, Tottenham’s Belgian contingent will have swelled to three players with Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele already firmly in the squad.
The transfer fee is a minor victory for Spurs’ negotiation team headed by chairman Daniel Levy. Earlier in the summer reports suggested that Twente would only let Chadli go for €9 million, however the Lilywhites appear to have snatched the 24-year-old at a discounted price.
Chadli will likely compete with Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend for a spot in a wide forward position at Spurs.
In 2012/2013 Chadli scored 12 goals in 26 Eredivisie matches for Twente.
- Updated: July 21, 2013