Tottenham sign Nacer Chadli from FC Twente for €7 million [RTBF & AD.nl]
- July 21, 2013
Radio Télévision Belge Francophone (RTBF), the public broadcasting organization of the French Community of Belgium, and Dutch website AD.nl have both gone to print on Sunday with the news that Tottenham have signed Nacer Chadli from FC Twente for €7 million.
Should the reports prove accurate, Tottenham’s Belgian contingent will have swelled to three players with Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele already firmly in the squad.
The transfer fee is a minor victory for Spurs’ negotiation team headed by chairman Daniel Levy. Earlier in the summer reports suggested that Twente would only let Chadli go for €9 million, however the Lilywhites appear to have snatched the 24-year-old at a discounted price.
Chadli will likely compete with Aaron Lennon and Andros Townsend for a spot in a wide forward position at Spurs.
In 2012/2013 Chadli scored 12 goals in 26 Eredivisie matches for Twente.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]