Tottenham agree personal terms with Vlad Chiriches: 5-year deal, €1.2m per season
Reports from Romania on Tuesday afternoon suggest the Tottenham signing of Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches is inching closer.
Agent Victor Becali is widely quoted by the Romanian media confirming the transfer which was confirmed by Steaua Bucharest coach Laurențiu Reghecampf on Saturday night.
According to Becali: “Chiriches will sign a 5 year deal with Spurs, he’ll earn 1.2 million euros per season.”
Becali also fielded questions on why Chriches would not be earning more in the Premier League, to which he replied: “There are lots of players playing in the Premier League who earn much less money. Everyone looks at Rooney’s salary…”
Vlad Chiriches is now expected to miss Steaua Bucharest’s match in the Champions League with Legia Warsaw this evening. It is a crucial game for the Romanians who are locked at 1-1 with the Poles from the first leg.
The Romanian media suggest Chiriches will sign for Tottenham on Wednesday, after he completes a medical.
Spurs are reportedly paying 9.5 million euros for a centre back considered to be one of the best ball-playing defenders in all of Europe and impressed for Steaua in their run in the Europa League last season -especially with a wonder goal v Ajax – see second video below.
He is also strong in the air and looks suited to English football suggesting Andre Villas-Boas may have pulled out another fine player this summer after the confirmed Tottenham signings of Paulinho, Etienne Capoue, Roberto Soldado and Nacer Chadli.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City v Steaua Bucharest: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 24, 2016
- Sergio Aguero reacts to his performance for Manchester City tonight [Tweet]August 16, 2016
- Sergio Aguero scores a hat-trick in Manchester City’s 5-0 win (Video)August 16, 2016
- Dinamo Bucharest pulled off an incredible tifo prank on Steaua pre Man City game [Picture]August 16, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conductOctober 24, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016