The world gets confused as a picture of Lionel Messi with a young boy ISN’T the snubbed kid mascot
- June 18, 2014
The story of Lionel Messi and the snubbed World Cup mascot rumbles on.
To recap, despite scoring his first World Cup goal in eight years in Argentina’s 2-1 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lionel Messi has become embroiled in a controversy from the minutes preceding the game.
The Barcelona and Argentina superstar is alleged to have ignored a young mascot, who had put out his hand to greet the Argentina star, and looked crestfallen when he was ignored.
On Tuesday night a new picture of Messi with a young boy on his knee came out online, and some of the biggest football websites around claimed that the image showed that Messi did indeed spend time with the mascot.
But there was a problem with that sweet story. It was all 100% wrong!
Rather than being a picture of the sad mascot, Messi took the photo with the son of former Fluminense player Deivid.
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Lionel Messi inadvertently photobombing Cristiano Ronaldo goes viral (Picture)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Leo Messi shares UEFA POY award with Luis Suarez on flight home to Barcelona
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...