The vilified banana-throwing Villarreal fan, David Campayo, is supported by a protest on Thursday in Spain [Video]
The Villarreal fan who threw the banana at Dani Alves last week in La Liga has now been supported by hundreds of people in a protest on Thursday.
David Campayo, a 26-year-old former Villarreal youth coach, has been publicly named and shamed as the man responsible for the racist act against Barcelona’s Brazilian right-back, however, in a shock twist, the banana-thrower has now been supported in a public protest.
Campayo has been arrested and charged this week in Spain, and his supporters believe that the punishment being service on the man is disproportional.
The protesters, who numbered in the hundreds, staged their show in Plaza Mayor in Villarreal on Thursday with placards and chants.
The protesters chanted “David, we are with you!” as they presented the argument that the Yellow Submarine supporter has been hung out to dry by a media lynching.
See the incredible footage of Villarreal fans protesting in favour of vilified banana-thrower David Campayo below.
Watch Live Stream
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016
- New video angle emerges of Barcelona players being hit by bottles & Leo Messi’s rage (video)October 23, 2016
- Leo Messi at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Valencia (Official video)October 22, 2016
- Amazing: Juventus star Dani Alves donates 300 Hepatitis C treatments to BoliviaAugust 1, 2016
- Confirmed: Dani Alves joins JuventusJune 27, 2016
- Juventus complete signing of Dani Alves from Barcelona, present full-back to fans (Video)June 26, 2016
- What Have I Just Watched: Dani Alves posts certifiably insane Instagram video with his girlfriendJune 19, 2016
- Real Madrid’s winning run comes to an end v Villarreal (Official highlights video)September 22, 2016
- Real Madrid v Villarreal: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-21September 17, 2016
- Roberto Soldao damages cruciate ligament. Villarreal striker out for 6 monthsAugust 10, 2016
- New Man United star Eric Bailly pens letter to Villarreal fans on Instagram [Translated]June 8, 2016