The vilified banana-throwing Villarreal fan, David Campayo, is supported by a protest on Thursday in Spain [Video]
The Villarreal fan who threw the banana at Dani Alves last week in La Liga has now been supported by hundreds of people in a protest on Thursday.
David Campayo, a 26-year-old former Villarreal youth coach, has been publicly named and shamed as the man responsible for the racist act against Barcelona’s Brazilian right-back, however, in a shock twist, the banana-thrower has now been supported in a public protest.
Campayo has been arrested and charged this week in Spain, and his supporters believe that the punishment being service on the man is disproportional.
The protesters, who numbered in the hundreds, staged their show in Plaza Mayor in Villarreal on Thursday with placards and chants.
The protesters chanted “David, we are with you!” as they presented the argument that the Yellow Submarine supporter has been hung out to dry by a media lynching.
See the incredible footage of Villarreal fans protesting in favour of vilified banana-thrower David Campayo below.
- Real Madrid legend attacks Barca’s Dani Alves on TV for his Cristiano Ronaldo comments (Video)
- Dani Alves says there’s too much focus on Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid (Video)
- Barcelona’s Dani Alves refuses to take questions from Madrid journalists from Marca or AS (...
- Should Cristiano Ronaldo have been sent off for elbowing Dani Alves in the head? (Video & Tw...
- Luis Suarez’s brilliant movement off the ball was evident in the win over Villarreal (GIF)
- Awesome fan footage of Neymar’s wonder goal for Barcelona v Villarreal (Videos)
- Barcelona release quality picture slide show on Instagram of Neymar Golazo
- Neymar (2) & Luis Suarez see Barcelona to 3-0 win over Villarreal (Official Highlights)