The Puskas Award: FIFA release their top 10 goals of 2012
- November 14, 2012
For only the fourth time ever, FIFA have released the Puskas Award nominees for 2012.
(101 Great Goals is the first website on the world wide web to publish this list – don’t ask us how we got our hands on it before FIFA!)
The following list contains the top 10 goals scored in the calendar year and they will compete for the Puskas Award which was established for the first time in 2009.
According to FIFA, the best goal is decided according to the following criteria:
1) aesthetics (a subjective criterion – long-range shots, team moves, acrobatic goals etc)
2) the importance of the match (an objective criterion – in descending order: national teams, continental tournaments, domestic first divisions)
3) the absence of luck or an opposition mistake as a factor making the goal possible
4) fair play: the player must not have conducted himself poorly during the game or, for example, have been found guilty of doping
Accordingly, the nominees for the 2011 Puskas Award are as follows:
(Vote in our poll below.)
1. Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle) v Blackburn
2. Gaston Maella (Nacional Potosi) v The Strongest
3. Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid) v America de Cali
4. Olivia Jimenez (Mexico) v Switzerland
5. Lionel Messi (Argentina) v Brazil
6. Moussa Sow (Fenerbahce) v Galatasaray
7. Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) v Genclerbirligi
8. Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Ghana) v Guinea
9. Eric Hassli (Vancouver) v Toronto
10. Neymar (Santos) v Internacional
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...