The Puskas Award: FIFA release their top 10 goals of 2012
- November 14, 2012
For only the fourth time ever, FIFA have released the Puskas Award nominees for 2012.
(101 Great Goals is the first website on the world wide web to publish this list – don’t ask us how we got our hands on it before FIFA!)
The following list contains the top 10 goals scored in the calendar year and they will compete for the Puskas Award which was established for the first time in 2009.
According to FIFA, the best goal is decided according to the following criteria:
1) aesthetics (a subjective criterion – long-range shots, team moves, acrobatic goals etc)
2) the importance of the match (an objective criterion – in descending order: national teams, continental tournaments, domestic first divisions)
3) the absence of luck or an opposition mistake as a factor making the goal possible
4) fair play: the player must not have conducted himself poorly during the game or, for example, have been found guilty of doping
Accordingly, the nominees for the 2011 Puskas Award are as follows:
(Vote in our poll below.)
1. Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle) v Blackburn
2. Gaston Maella (Nacional Potosi) v The Strongest
3. Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid) v America de Cali
4. Olivia Jimenez (Mexico) v Switzerland
5. Lionel Messi (Argentina) v Brazil
6. Moussa Sow (Fenerbahce) v Galatasaray
7. Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) v Genclerbirligi
8. Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Ghana) v Guinea
9. Eric Hassli (Vancouver) v Toronto
10. Neymar (Santos) v Internacional
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi