- Are you Barça in disguise? Conference side Eastleigh score tiki-taka team golazo [Video]
- Former Irish rugby star Brian O’Driscoll admits he was infatuated when he met David Beckham [Video]
- Mario Balotelli pulls off back skill and bicycle kick during Liverpool head tennis [Video]
- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
The moment Thomas Vermaelen found out Robin van Persie left Arsenal for Manchester United
- August 16, 2012
Crazy video this.
After Belgium’s 4-2 win over Holland in an international friendly on Wednesday evening it was left up to a Dutch reporter to inform Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen that Robin van Persie had joined Manchester United.
Although the video below is in Dutch it is easy enough to understand, with Arsenal’s likely new captain acting with disappointment to the news before pointing out that Arsene Wenger has signed Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud for this eventuality.
Vermaelen said: “It’s a shock for me. I’m very disappointed. I’d have liked Robin to stay at the club.”
Quite how Vermaelen didn’t see this coming seems a surprise but his reaction is one many Arsenal fans can empathise with.