The moment Thomas Vermaelen found out Robin van Persie left Arsenal for Manchester United
- August 16, 2012
Crazy video this.
After Belgium’s 4-2 win over Holland in an international friendly on Wednesday evening it was left up to a Dutch reporter to inform Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen that Robin van Persie had joined Manchester United.
Although the video below is in Dutch it is easy enough to understand, with Arsenal’s likely new captain acting with disappointment to the news before pointing out that Arsene Wenger has signed Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud for this eventuality.
Vermaelen said: “It’s a shock for me. I’m very disappointed. I’d have liked Robin to stay at the club.”
Quite how Vermaelen didn’t see this coming seems a surprise but his reaction is one many Arsenal fans can empathise with.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi