- YouTube channel Trollstation upload video of their Tottenham v Partizan pitch invaders
- Superclasico: River Plate beat Boca Juniors to reach the Copa Sudamericana final [Highlights]
- Pele on Facebook: “I am doing fine”, after he’s moved to a Sao Paolo hospital special care unit
- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere blasts the Mirror for saying he’s got the world’s most brittle ankles [Instagram]
- AC Milan outsider Philippe Mexes: ‘My objective now is to embarrass those who badmouth me’
The moment Thomas Vermaelen found out Robin van Persie left Arsenal for Manchester United
Crazy video this.
After Belgium’s 4-2 win over Holland in an international friendly on Wednesday evening it was left up to a Dutch reporter to inform Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen that Robin van Persie had joined Manchester United.
Although the video below is in Dutch it is easy enough to understand, with Arsenal’s likely new captain acting with disappointment to the news before pointing out that Arsene Wenger has signed Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud for this eventuality.
Vermaelen said: “It’s a shock for me. I’m very disappointed. I’d have liked Robin to stay at the club.”
Quite how Vermaelen didn’t see this coming seems a surprise but his reaction is one many Arsenal fans can empathise with.
- Updated: August 16, 2012