The hottest striker in European football: FK Roskilde’s Emil Nielsen (19) has 15 goals in 5 games in Denmark
- November 3, 2013
Something a little bit crazy is going on at FK Roskilde.
Roskilde are currently leading the standings in Denmark’s 3rd tier east division, Division Øst, and they are being spearheaded by a 19-year-old striker who has 16 goals in 13 matches this season.
Emil Nielsen’s stats are actually even more impressive.
In the last five games, Nielsen has scored 15 goals (2+3+4+2+4), and his Sunday league scoring form has propelled the teenager into the spotlight. But Neilsen remainds grounded, telling Ekstrabladet:
I’ve hit a wild streak,and although I try not to think about it, it also feels a little insane to suddenly be contacted by the media and be reported in the press.
It’s kind of funny, but what I really am most happy about is that my goals have come from many different positions: The head, the box in front of the box. It’s nice to see that things you work on in training also work in a match.
I have a contract with Roskilde 2015, and my dream right now is to get Roskilde up in the first division, but there is stiff competition from Elsinore and Næstved. Maybe I’ll move in the summer, but I will not end up as one of the many Danes who move abroad and then ten years later end up playing in a small Danish club. I would like to take one step at a time.
A few weeks back FK Roskilde won 4-0 away at Frem with Emil Nielsen bagging all four goals, and highlghts of the match can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi