The gift that keeps on giving: Phil Jones’ hilarious faces during the Manchester derby
- April 8, 2013
Phil Jones’ face has long been a source of humour for armchair football fans.
Jones was recruited to play alongside Rio Ferdinand in the Manchester derby on Monday night as Sir Alex rolled out a centre-half pairing who last featured together as a unit against Newcastle way back on 4 January, 2012.
Any fears of ring-rust between Jones and Ferdinand was soon dispensed with.
Despite losing 2-1 to City, Jones had a fine performance for United, with many calling for the Englishman to win the man of the match award.
However, likely to be more memorable, Jones also contributed a handful of facial expressions which are sure to be stored in people’s memoriy banks as the centre half was spotted on a few occasions with his droopy mouth wide open, and generally looking scared.
Enjoy Phil Jones’ hilarious faces during the Manchester derby below.
UPDATE: Phil Jones’s individual match highlights can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...