The gift that keeps on giving: Phil Jones’ hilarious faces during the Manchester derby
- April 8, 2013
Phil Jones’ face has long been a source of humour for armchair football fans.
Jones was recruited to play alongside Rio Ferdinand in the Manchester derby on Monday night as Sir Alex rolled out a centre-half pairing who last featured together as a unit against Newcastle way back on 4 January, 2012.
Any fears of ring-rust between Jones and Ferdinand was soon dispensed with.
Despite losing 2-1 to City, Jones had a fine performance for United, with many calling for the Englishman to win the man of the match award.
However, likely to be more memorable, Jones also contributed a handful of facial expressions which are sure to be stored in people’s memoriy banks as the centre half was spotted on a few occasions with his droopy mouth wide open, and generally looking scared.
Enjoy Phil Jones’ hilarious faces during the Manchester derby below.
UPDATE: Phil Jones’s individual match highlights can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi