- Man United & Arsenal have a great win % on Boxing Day, Aston Villa less so
- The top 10 funniest moments of the Bundesliga so far! [Video]
- Tottenham are in advanced talks with PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea consider a singing section in the Shed End to improve the home atmosphere [Daily Mail]
- Lionel Messi has a new football tattoo on his left leg [Pictures]
The gift that keeps on giving: Phil Jones’ hilarious faces during the Manchester derby
Phil Jones’ face has long been a source of humour for armchair football fans.
Jones was recruited to play alongside Rio Ferdinand in the Manchester derby on Monday night as Sir Alex rolled out a centre-half pairing who last featured together as a unit against Newcastle way back on 4 January, 2012.
Any fears of ring-rust between Jones and Ferdinand was soon dispensed with.
Despite losing 2-1 to City, Jones had a fine performance for United, with many calling for the Englishman to win the man of the match award.
However, likely to be more memorable, Jones also contributed a handful of facial expressions which are sure to be stored in people’s memoriy banks as the centre half was spotted on a few occasions with his droopy mouth wide open, and generally looking scared.
Enjoy Phil Jones’ hilarious faces during the Manchester derby below.
UPDATE: Phil Jones’s individual match highlights can be seen below.
- Updated: April 8, 2013