- Respect! Bayern’s Mario Gotze is selling his World Cup winning boot for charity [Bild]
- Man United want Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti to replace Van Gaal, may offer €16m a year [Tuttosport]
- Robin van Persie isn’t good enough for Man United [Star & Sun]
- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
The damning graphic of Man United midfielder Tom ‘sideways’ Cleverley v Stoke
Tom Cleverley is not a fans favourite at Old Trafford at the moment.
Since the summer Manchester United have been linked with a galaxy of huge-named midfield stars, however after seeing all those big names come and go without signing on, Tom Cleverley remains a regular started for the Red Devils.
For many supporters that’s simply not good enough. Cleverley has long been slammed at not having the quality to make it at United, and his passing map from last weekend’s 2-1 defeat away at Stoke hasn’t helped the 24-year-old’s cause.
Cleverley completed 31 out of 36 pass against the Potters, however there was something very noticeable about the Man United #23′s distribution map.
Throughout the match Cleverley simply passed the ball sideways. That has lead to accusations that the Englishman abdicates responsibility and is unable to act as a creative force in the United team.
See the damning graphic of Man United midfielder Tom ‘sideways’ Cleverley v Stoke above.
- Updated: February 3, 2014