- Incredibly wet conditions cause hilarious fail during Montpellier’s clash with Caen [Vine]
- Brendan Rodgers describes Steven Gerrard’s performance v Aston Villa as ‘excellent’ [Video]
- Man United target Memphis Depay uploads video singing with the fans at PSV’s title parade
- Mauricio Pochettino hails fantastic Harry Kane after netting in 3-1 Spurs win v Newcastle [Video]
- Nicolas Isimat-Mirin shows off his MCing skills with crowd-pleasing at PSV’s champions parade [Video]
The curious requests of World Cup teams in Brazil: France want kosher food, Ronaldo to have 4 body guards
- April 24, 2014
Brazilian newspaper Lance has produced an excellent World Cup article today, listing some of the curious requests from teams going into the biggest football tournament on the planet.
With just 49 days to go to Brazil 2014, Lance detail some of the demands that have come through from competing teams and it isn’t just high speed internet and local food.
Unfortunately, there is no mention of England in Lance’s report but we suspect this will come in the build-up to the tournament as the tabloid press grab the juicy details.
Selected countries below – translation via BetiseSportsWorld.
Algeria: All rooms for players and team officials need to have a Koran. Islam is the official religion of the African country.
Chile: Have requested the purchase of new beds and flat screen TVs for every room.
Ecuador: Every room should contain a basket of bananas that are sourced from Ecuador.
Colombia: Have asked Sao Paulo for 15 youth players to take part in their training sessions.
Uruguay: South Americans have demanded silent air conditioning in all rooms.
France: Les Bleus have requested Kosher meat as many of their players are Muslim and will only eat animals that have not suffered during their slaughtering. France also asked for liquid soap in all bathrooms, as the players are not used to blocks of soap.
Honduras: Have asked for six Spanish TV stations to be added to their TV guides, including two Honduras channels.
Japan: The Blue Samurai have asked for a Jacuzzi in every room!
Australia: Want a selection of newspapers from around the world to be available on a daily basis.
Switzerland: Two main requirements – high speed internet and Swiss TV channels in every room.
Portugal: Will have six security staff. Four of whom will be looking after Cristiano Ronaldo.