The clearest red card EVER?! Taras Stepanenko’s shocking foul (Ukraine) v Moldova
- March 26, 2013
Ukraine picked up a decent 2-1 home win over Moldova on Tuesday evening and look likely, along with Poland, to put pressure on England and Montenegro.
Their victory was though somewhat marred by one of the most disgraceful challenges ever seen on a professional football pitch.
In the 92nd minute Ukraine continued going forward and the ball was lofted into the box for Taras Stepanenko to challenge for.
What transpired was a high flying Kung Fu attack on a Moldova defender that immediately caused gasps throughout the stadium.
Danish Referee Kenn Hansen couldn’t get his card out quick enough – so shocking was the foul.
As one of our Twitter followers remarked, it makes Nani’s recent controversial sending off during Manchester United v Real Madrid, look like a cuddle!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...