The clearest red card EVER?! Taras Stepanenko’s shocking foul (Ukraine) v Moldova
- March 26, 2013
Ukraine picked up a decent 2-1 home win over Moldova on Tuesday evening and look likely, along with Poland, to put pressure on England and Montenegro.
Their victory was though somewhat marred by one of the most disgraceful challenges ever seen on a professional football pitch.
In the 92nd minute Ukraine continued going forward and the ball was lofted into the box for Taras Stepanenko to challenge for.
What transpired was a high flying Kung Fu attack on a Moldova defender that immediately caused gasps throughout the stadium.
Danish Referee Kenn Hansen couldn’t get his card out quick enough – so shocking was the foul.
As one of our Twitter followers remarked, it makes Nani’s recent controversial sending off during Manchester United v Real Madrid, look like a cuddle!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi