The best jokes & tweets after Sunderland beat Man United in the Capital One Cup
- January 22, 2014
Manchester United’s defeat to Sunderland in the Capital One Cup semifinal sent shockwaves around football as the Red Devils problems plunged new depths.
United inability to put the Black Cats away, and moreover Sunderland’s ability to stay in the match and ultimately claim the win, has once again forced United supporters to despair over David Moyes’ team.
A slew of tweets and jokes instantly hit social networks after the penalty shootout ended at Old Trafford.
Below are the best comments after Sunderland beat Man United to begin a new crisis for the reigning champions.
"What's that Juan? You've had second thoughts?" pic.twitter.com/bw8KJdNJoF
— Not Match of the Day (@NOT_MOTD) January 22, 2014
4 – Manchester United have scored a total of four penalties in their last three penalty shootouts. Spurned.
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) January 22, 2014
Dear god, Gary Neville clutching every last straw as he says United did actually win the game. Pity doesn't suit them.
— Tom Adams (@tomEurosport) January 22, 2014
Well that was painful as a United fan!! Turn twitter off/ don't read papers / put UK Gold on for 48 hours and stock up with woodpecker!!!
— Gary Neville (@GNev2) January 22, 2014
I think some back pages might be being re-written! Here's one early edition… pic.twitter.com/phkJMSp8bl
— Nick Sutton (@suttonnick) January 22, 2014
BREAKING: Mata spotted turning round on his way back to London. pic.twitter.com/fhGbaFXkYz
— Transfer Talk (@EPLBible) January 22, 2014
Mata on his way to Old Trafford. https://t.co/awOg8jthxT
— Football Vines (@FootbalIVines) January 22, 2014
- Man United prepare new Schneiderlin bid in hope of having him for pre-season tour
- Manchester United Superfan Ray explains why he thinks his club is biggest in the world ...
- Atletico Madrid close in on Manchester United target Nicolas Gaitan [Record]
- Manchester United lay down gauntlet to Real Madrid: No Sergio Ramos, no David De Gea [G...
- Man Utd’s Memphis Depay posts video of himself pushing a baby’s pram on cha...
- Hardball: Man United will only sell De Gea to Real Madrid if they get Ramos
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi