The 60 most valuable footballers in the world [CIES Football Observatory Graphic]
- June 30, 2013
The CIES Football Observatory have attempted to rank, in monetary value, the 60 most valuable footballers in the world and the results can be seen above.
Whilst there is obviously a lot of conjecture about such lists, the CIES Football Observatory “specialise in the demographic study of the footballers’ labour market, performance analysis at team and player levels,” according to their website.
Officially published on June 1, 2013, this list has started gaining traction as the transfer market really moves into gear – officially opening for Premier League clubs, tomorrow, July 1, 2013.
Notably, Barcelona have the most valuable player (Lionel Messi at 252 million euros) and their team is considered to be worth the most (495 million euros).
Based only on the top 5 leagues in Europe, there is no place for Neymar but plenty of Premier League involvement in the top 10, including Eden Hazard, Sergio Aguero, Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale and David Silva.
A second graphic below, via Sport, uses the same information.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]