- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘Manchester United are very much in the title race’ [Video]
- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo set for loan move to Premier League side this January [BBC]
- Brendan Rodgers pre-Arsenal: ‘Alexis Sanchez was 1 of our transfer targets, he’s a fantastic player’ [Video]
The 60 most valuable footballers in the world [CIES Football Observatory Graphic]
The CIES Football Observatory have attempted to rank, in monetary value, the 60 most valuable footballers in the world and the results can be seen above.
Whilst there is obviously a lot of conjecture about such lists, the CIES Football Observatory “specialise in the demographic study of the footballers’ labour market, performance analysis at team and player levels,” according to their website.
Officially published on June 1, 2013, this list has started gaining traction as the transfer market really moves into gear – officially opening for Premier League clubs, tomorrow, July 1, 2013.
Notably, Barcelona have the most valuable player (Lionel Messi at 252 million euros) and their team is considered to be worth the most (495 million euros).
Based only on the top 5 leagues in Europe, there is no place for Neymar but plenty of Premier League involvement in the top 10, including Eden Hazard, Sergio Aguero, Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale and David Silva.
A second graphic below, via Sport, uses the same information.
- Updated: June 30, 2013