“South Koreans are mentally handicapped retards!” Michel Morganella (Swiss) has a Twitter meltdown after losing at the Olympics
- July 30, 2012
UPDATE: Since publishing this post, Michel Morganella has been kicked out of the Olympics.
Michel Morganella has had a miserable Monday.
The Swiss right back was on the losing end of a 2-1 defeat to South Korea at the Olympics on Sunday, and following the loss the Palermo defender had a meltdown on Twitter.
The 23-year-old felt provoked after receiving a torrent of abuse throughout the match against the Asians.
Morganella was booed throughout the match after he picked up an “injury” in a phantom challenge with Arsenal forward Park Chu Young.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”208321″]
After getting riled on the pitch, Morganella let rip on Twitter:
I want to beat up all South Koreans! Bunch of mentally handicapped retards! (“Je les tous Defonce Coréens, allez vous tous Bruler, bande de trisos!”)
Unsurprisingly there was a big backlash to Morganella’s comments on the micro-blogging site, with many accusing the footballer of xenophobia and racism.
After publicly apologising on Twitter for his original comment, the defender has since had his Twitter account suspended. Moreover, calls are growing for the footballer to be kicked out of London 2012.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi