Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey was applauded for not celebrating his golazo against Liverpool [Tweets]
Jonjo Shelvey’s first return to Liverpool since his summer transfer to Swansea was memorable.
After Liverpool had taken an early two goal lead through excellent goals from Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson, Shelvey pulled the Swans back into the game in style.
The ex-Liverpool man curled a wonderful first time golazo into the far top corner in front of the Kop, and the England U21 man refused to celebrate against his old team.
That non-celebration brought Shelvey plenty of fans both at Anfield and further afield.
Read the best tweets as Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey was applauded for not celebrating his golazo against Liverpool.
GOAL! Shelvey scores a stunner and then apologises to the Kop.
— Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes) February 23, 2014
I'm guessing that a Shelvey #mutedcelebration involves some kind of monocle.
— Andrew Thomas (@andi_thomas) February 23, 2014
Jonjo Shelvey nets his fifth goal of the season, and has been directly involved in 24% of Swansea's PL goals this season.
— Squawka Football (@Squawka) February 23, 2014
Shelvey did celebrate but in the manner of a county cricketer reaching 50. A raised arm and a thumbs-up to a team-mate.
— Duncan Alexander (@oilysailor) February 23, 2014
Shelvey looks delighted with his goal pic.twitter.com/BwchhdFsns
— Feint Zebra (@feintzebra) February 23, 2014
Shelvey refusing to celebrate his goal after his loyal 70 appearances for #LFC.
— Tom Coast (@sardinetrawler) February 23, 2014
Shelvey’s goal applauded by the Kop. Might be quite nice if someone in a red shirt marked him.
— Paul Tomkins (@paul_tomkins) February 23, 2014
- Bizarre: A toilet in Moscow seems to be a massive Liverpool fan (Video)
- New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp looking to move into Brendan Rodgers’ apartment
- Barcelona legend Xavi reveals the 2 Premier League clubs he would have liked to play for
- Ex Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers could become new Aston Villa manager [Sun]
- Quality fan footage: Christian Eriksen’s 2nd free-kick goal for Spurs at Swansea ...
- Swansea’s Andre Ayew named Barclays Premier League Player of the Month (Video)
- Debate rages if Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey is better than Liverpool’s Jordan H...
- Man United fan trolled for taking his passport to Wales for the Swansea game (Video)