Sunday Times: Real Madrid will bid world record fee of £85m for Gareth Bale
- June 1, 2013
After a sensational season for Tottenham and plenty of conjecture in the off season already, it seems clear Gareth Bale will hog a lot of back page leads in the coming weeks.
And so it has proved on Sunday with stories about the future of Gareth Bale on the back pages of both The Sunday Times and The Sunday Telegraph.
As can be seen on the images below, The Sunday Times tip Real Madrid to go as far as a world record 85 million pound bid for the Spurs forward.
Meanwhile, the Telegraph suggest that Tottenham have ordered Bale to stay put.
With three years left on his contract at White Hart Lane, it may be hard for Real Madrid to lure Bale to the Bernabeu but it feels like the very start of a lengthy saga.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi