Sunday Times: Real Madrid will bid world record fee of £85m for Gareth Bale
- June 1, 2013
After a sensational season for Tottenham and plenty of conjecture in the off season already, it seems clear Gareth Bale will hog a lot of back page leads in the coming weeks.
And so it has proved on Sunday with stories about the future of Gareth Bale on the back pages of both The Sunday Times and The Sunday Telegraph.
As can be seen on the images below, The Sunday Times tip Real Madrid to go as far as a world record 85 million pound bid for the Spurs forward.
Meanwhile, the Telegraph suggest that Tottenham have ordered Bale to stay put.
With three years left on his contract at White Hart Lane, it may be hard for Real Madrid to lure Bale to the Bernabeu but it feels like the very start of a lengthy saga.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...