“Spurs will earn windfall of £20m from Real Madrid winning the Champions League”
For Tottenham fans, the Champions League final must have been a bitter sweet experience.
On the one hand, it must have been heart warming to see Gareth Bale and Luka Modric win the biggest club trophy of all, their second of the season.
Yet, Spurs supporters must have been wondering what might have been.
If Daniel Levy had held on to Luka Modrid and Gareth Bale, like Liverpool did with Luis Suarez last summer, then who knows…
And, rumours started as soon as Real Madrid sealed the victory over Atletico Madrid, that Spurs were due a windfall from the Champions League triumph. See the Tweet below.
This would be very Daniel Levy!
Spurs net £20 million through Real winning Champions league. Agreement in the sale of both players Bale £15 million and Modric £5 million ⚽️
— Darren Kelly (@Darren6kelly) May 24, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Real Madrid star named Best Midfielder of La Liga Santander 2015/16October 24, 2016
- Luka Modric signs new long-term deal at Real Madrid – Cristiano Ronaldo to followOctober 18, 2016
- Gareth Bale names the player who trains the best at Real Madrid – and no, it’s not Ronaldo (Video)October 14, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid star Luka ModricOctober 1, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal apologises for swearing at Barcelona fansDecember 3, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016
- Real Madrid’s locker room picture v Barcelona gets mocked by meme makersDecember 3, 2016
- Pilar Rubio celebrates Sergio Ramos goal for Real Madrid at Barcelona on InstagramDecember 3, 2016