- TV cameras missed violent punch-up between City’s Vincent Kompany & Bayern’s Franck Ribery [Eurosport]
- Borussia Dortmund trained in London’s Regent’s Park before the Arsenal game [Pictures]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Unfair to single out Steven Gerrard, he’s carried this club’ [Video]
- Liverpool fan channels call for Steven Gerrard to be returned to Number 10 role [Video]
- Skills! Ferencváros’ Ugrai Roland pulls off slick Rabona pass v Paks [Video]
“Spurs will earn windfall of £20m from Real Madrid winning the Champions League”
For Tottenham fans, the Champions League final must have been a bitter sweet experience.
On the one hand, it must have been heart warming to see Gareth Bale and Luka Modric win the biggest club trophy of all, their second of the season.
Yet, Spurs supporters must have been wondering what might have been.
If Daniel Levy had held on to Luka Modrid and Gareth Bale, like Liverpool did with Luis Suarez last summer, then who knows…
And, rumours started as soon as Real Madrid sealed the victory over Atletico Madrid, that Spurs were due a windfall from the Champions League triumph. See the Tweet below.
This would be very Daniel Levy!
Spurs net £20 million through Real winning Champions league. Agreement in the sale of both players Bale £15 million and Modric £5 million ⚽️
— Darren Kelly (@Darren6kelly) May 24, 2014
- Updated: May 24, 2014