“Spurs will earn windfall of £20m from Real Madrid winning the Champions League”
For Tottenham fans, the Champions League final must have been a bitter sweet experience.
On the one hand, it must have been heart warming to see Gareth Bale and Luka Modric win the biggest club trophy of all, their second of the season.
Yet, Spurs supporters must have been wondering what might have been.
If Daniel Levy had held on to Luka Modrid and Gareth Bale, like Liverpool did with Luis Suarez last summer, then who knows…
And, rumours started as soon as Real Madrid sealed the victory over Atletico Madrid, that Spurs were due a windfall from the Champions League triumph. See the Tweet below.
This would be very Daniel Levy!
Spurs net £20 million through Real winning Champions league. Agreement in the sale of both players Bale £15 million and Modric £5 million ⚽️
— Darren Kelly (@Darren6kelly) May 24, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Antoine Griezmann mocked online for terrible outfit [Best Tweets & Jokes]August 25, 2016
- The new Champions League ball features hand written messages from Mesut Ozil & Gareth BaleAugust 25, 2016
- Gareth Bale renews Real Madrid contract, will be joint 2nd highest paid player [Marca]August 23, 2016
- Good guy Cristiano Ronaldo explains why he didn’t celebrate after Portugal beat CroatiaJune 27, 2016
- Luka Modric posts lengthy message to Croatia fans after Euro 2016 exit [Instagram]June 27, 2016
- A crying Luka Modric was consoled by his Real Madrid teammates after Croatia v PortugalJune 25, 2016
- How Luka Modric ensured Sergio Ramos missed Spain penalty v Croatia [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Mino Raiola confirms Real Madrid wanted to sign Man United’s Paul Pogba [Telefoot]August 28, 2016
- Atletico Madrid offered Real Madrid €70m for Alvaro Morata [AS]August 28, 2016
- Spurs fans get seriously giddy with excitement about Isco [Tweets]August 28, 2016
- Tottenham hoping to land a Real Madrid playmaker [Mirror]August 28, 2016