Spurs starlet Alex Pritchard scores another brilliant free-kick for Swindon v Rotherham [video]
- October 13, 2013
It is now well known how Andros Townsend made his breakthrough at Tottenham after no less than NINE loan spells from White Hart Lane.
Whilst Townsend has long been billed as the “new Gareth Bale” or such other hyperbole, it took England’s new hero until he was 22 to even seal a place in Spurs’ first team and he has still only made six starts for his boyhood club.
Besides Tom Carroll, currently on loan at QPR, arguably the next big thing to come through the Spurs youth system is free-kick master Alex Pritchard who is spending the season at Swindon.
Pritchard may be diminutive but he can take a set-piece. As is show by this goal for Spurs Under-21s against Newcastle in November 2012. (Townsend is also standing over this free-kick…)
And, Pritchard has also scored a free-kick for Swindon earlier this campaign, in a 1-1 draw at MK Dons.
On Saturday, Pritchard once again pulled off some free-kick magic with the opener as Swindon ran riot to bag a 4-0 win at Rotherham in League One, a hugely impressive result considering the hosts are still two points ahead in the table.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...