- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers: ‘We were outstanding’ / Wenger: A draw was the fair result’ [Video]
- Supersonic Golazo! Inter’s Mateo Kovacic scores Thunder-bastard volley v Lazio [GIF & Video]
Spurs defender Vlad Chiriches appears in Romania training with a face mask [Pictures]
After suffering a broken nose in the first half of Tottenham’s defeat to Newcastle, Vlad Chiriches was not expected to appear at all for Romania in their World Cup play-off against Greece.
Today, however, pictures emerged of Chiriches with a face mask and there are now strong hopes the Spurs central defender will be able to play against Greece on Tuesday night.
Chiriches is now expected to lead out Romania against Greece as captain and will join in Tottenham training on Wednesday before he will likely appear with the mask for Andre Villas-Boas’ side at Manchester City on the weekend.
The Spurs defender told the Romanian media: “I feel very good with the mask, it do not interfere at all.”
- Updated: November 18, 2013