- Trollstation, the idiot pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan, admit they are Arsenal supporters
- Angel Di Maria compares Man United’s Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi [Daily Mail]
- Respect! Bayern’s Mario Gotze is selling his World Cup winning boot for charity [Bild]
- Man United want Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti to replace Van Gaal, may offer €16m a year [Tuttosport]
- Robin van Persie isn’t good enough for Man United [Star & Sun]
Spurs agree €35m deal with Roma for Erik Lamela [Sky Italia]
The Tottenham transfer gossip keeps coming from Italy this week and you could forgive Spurs fans for being giddy with excitement.
According to Sky Italia on Wednesday afternoon, Tottenham have agreed a deal with Roma for the transfer of Argentine attacker Erik Lamela.
After discussions in London on Tuesday, the negotiations for Lamela took place in Madrid today where Franco Baldini has been closing the world record transfer fee of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
Sky Italia report that only final signatures are missing on the Lamela deal with the fee thought to be 35 million euros.
Lamela will sign on at White Hart Lane for six seasons and has agreed a salary of 2.4 million euros per year.
This move comes with Brazilian forward Willian undergoing a medical at Tottenham and with sustained rumours that this heavy spending will precede Gareth Bale’s departure.
- Updated: August 21, 2013