- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
Spurs agree €35m deal with Roma for Erik Lamela [Sky Italia]
- August 21, 2013
The Tottenham transfer gossip keeps coming from Italy this week and you could forgive Spurs fans for being giddy with excitement.
According to Sky Italia on Wednesday afternoon, Tottenham have agreed a deal with Roma for the transfer of Argentine attacker Erik Lamela.
After discussions in London on Tuesday, the negotiations for Lamela took place in Madrid today where Franco Baldini has been closing the world record transfer fee of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
Sky Italia report that only final signatures are missing on the Lamela deal with the fee thought to be 35 million euros.
Lamela will sign on at White Hart Lane for six seasons and has agreed a salary of 2.4 million euros per year.
This move comes with Brazilian forward Willian undergoing a medical at Tottenham and with sustained rumours that this heavy spending will precede Gareth Bale’s departure.