- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
- Andrea Pirlo’s quality skills v Parma for Juventus in the Coppa Italia [GIF]
- USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann backheels TWO balls at the same time! [GIF]
- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
Spooky Stat: Is history about to repeat itself for Liverpool, Arsenal & Manchester United?
Just like during Liverpool’s unlikely run to the Champions League final in 2005, the spookers are busy digging up freaky coincidences that prove the Reds’ ‘name is on the trophy’, so to speak.
With Manchester United definitely missing out on fourth spot, and Arsenal now possibly, and the two Merseyside clubs likely to finish above them, a freaky stat has been produced by one of today’s tabloids.
The last time both Arsenal and Man United missed out on the top 4 was 35 years ago, the 1979/80 season – a year in which Liverpool won the league, and Everton finished fourth!
And wait for it, the freakiest part – that year Arsenal also won the FA Cup, ending…an 8 year trophy drought.
Check out the interlinking stat in full below.
- Updated: April 18, 2014