- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli complains about offside decision on Instagram after FA Cup exit
- Bizarre: Al Faisaly keeper scores insane overhead kick own goal v Al Wihdat [Video]
- Christian Eriksen refuses to admit anyone got a touch on 2nd Spurs goal at Newcastle [video]
- Puskas award contender: Lee Beattie (Prestatyn) scissor kick golazo from outside the box [Video]
- Aston Villa release YouTube video of their fans’ celebrations after Liverpool win
Spooky Stat: Is history about to repeat itself for Liverpool, Arsenal & Manchester United?
- April 18, 2014
Just like during Liverpool’s unlikely run to the Champions League final in 2005, the spookers are busy digging up freaky coincidences that prove the Reds’ ‘name is on the trophy’, so to speak.
With Manchester United definitely missing out on fourth spot, and Arsenal now possibly, and the two Merseyside clubs likely to finish above them, a freaky stat has been produced by one of today’s tabloids.
The last time both Arsenal and Man United missed out on the top 4 was 35 years ago, the 1979/80 season – a year in which Liverpool won the league, and Everton finished fourth!
And wait for it, the freakiest part – that year Arsenal also won the FA Cup, ending…an 8 year trophy drought.
Check out the interlinking stat in full below.