Southampton set Liverpool target Luke Shaw’s price tag at world-record £30m [Star Sport]
- January 16, 2014
Looks like Luke Shaw’s staying at Southampton for the foreseeable future then.
With Liverpool reportedly highly interested in Shaw according to the Telegraph, the Saints have slapped a tacit ‘hands off’ label on their English international, by setting his price tag at a whopping £30 million, according to the Star.
The nominal fee would be a world record for a full-back.
It’s either an classic bargaining ploy designed to lure the suitors in, or an emphatic insistence that they have no intention of selling.
But given that Southampton are a selling club with a history of getting great deals on their homegrown products, the former is the more probable scenario…
Ready to negotiate, Liverpool?
- Ronald Koeman says Man United are yet to make a serious bid for Morgan Schneiderlin [Vi...
- Sky suspend betting on Morgan Schneiderlin joining Man United from Southampton
- Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne photographed after completing Liverpool medical [Pi...
- Morgan Schneiderlin could be unveiled as a Man United player on Wednesday [BBC]
- Man United photographer follows Morgan Schneiderlin on Twitter; Fans get carried away [...
- Morgan Schneiderlin has agreed to join Manchester United in €30m deal [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi