- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Southampton set Liverpool target Luke Shaw’s price tag at world-record £30m [Star Sport]
Looks like Luke Shaw’s staying at Southampton for the foreseeable future then.
With Liverpool reportedly highly interested in Shaw according to the Telegraph, the Saints have slapped a tacit ‘hands off’ label on their English international, by setting his price tag at a whopping £30 million, according to the Star.
The nominal fee would be a world record for a full-back.
It’s either an classic bargaining ploy designed to lure the suitors in, or an emphatic insistence that they have no intention of selling.
But given that Southampton are a selling club with a history of getting great deals on their homegrown products, the former is the more probable scenario…
Ready to negotiate, Liverpool?
- Updated: January 16, 2014