Southampton set Liverpool target Luke Shaw’s price tag at world-record £30m [Star Sport]
- January 16, 2014
Looks like Luke Shaw’s staying at Southampton for the foreseeable future then.
With Liverpool reportedly highly interested in Shaw according to the Telegraph, the Saints have slapped a tacit ‘hands off’ label on their English international, by setting his price tag at a whopping £30 million, according to the Star.
The nominal fee would be a world record for a full-back.
It’s either an classic bargaining ploy designed to lure the suitors in, or an emphatic insistence that they have no intention of selling.
But given that Southampton are a selling club with a history of getting great deals on their homegrown products, the former is the more probable scenario…
Ready to negotiate, Liverpool?
- Virgil van Dijk’s first interview as a Southampton player after leaving Celtic (v...
- Southampton sign Virgil van Dijk from Celtic on a five-year deal (video)
- Tottenham target Victor Wanyama set to stay at Southampton [Sky Sports]
- Southampton to sign Virgil van Dijk from Celtic for £11.5m [Sky Sports]
- Super Sunday!!! 6/1 Man United to beat Swansea
- FC Midtjylland 1 – Southampton 0: Saints crash out the Europa League (Official Hi...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...