Southampton boss Koeman: ‘Fraser Forster joins as Number 1 keeper’ [Video]
- August 11, 2014
After signing Fraser Forster from Celtic for 10 million pounds, Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has taken the unorthodox move of declaring his new signing as his new number 1 keeper, without so much as seeing him at training for his new team.
Normally, the discourse will be one of ‘the number 1 spot is now up for grabs, open competition etc., but Koeman didn’t beat around the bush, and has even formally informed last season’s number 1 Artur Boruc that he’s now number 2.
‘It’s tough, but that’s football.’
Coincidentally, they’ll have plenty of things in common and stuff to talk about at training, as they’re both now former Celtic keepers.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]