Southampton boss Koeman: ‘Fraser Forster joins as Number 1 keeper’ [Video]
- August 11, 2014
After signing Fraser Forster from Celtic for 10 million pounds, Southampton boss Ronald Koeman has taken the unorthodox move of declaring his new signing as his new number 1 keeper, without so much as seeing him at training for his new team.
Normally, the discourse will be one of ‘the number 1 spot is now up for grabs, open competition etc., but Koeman didn’t beat around the bush, and has even formally informed last season’s number 1 Artur Boruc that he’s now number 2.
‘It’s tough, but that’s football.’
Coincidentally, they’ll have plenty of things in common and stuff to talk about at training, as they’re both now former Celtic keepers.
- Southampton suffer huge blow as Fraser Forster is ruled out for rest of the season
- Intense! An Inside look at England goalkeeper reaction training with Hart, Forster and ...
- Done deal! Southampton sign Fraser Forster from Celtic in £10 million transfer
- Southampton on the verge of completing £10m deal for Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster
- Chelsea’s Gary Cahill & Celtic’s Fraser Forster prank Man City keeper ...
- Brilliant Fraser Forster save v Motherwell: Should he be England number one?
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi