- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
Southampton bid £12m for Andros Townsend, Spurs insist he is not for sale [Sky Sports]
Tottenham have a very large squad.
This was admitted by Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino after the win over QPR today and Harry Redknapp also said he was watching developments at White Hart Lane.
It appears plenty of other sides are keeping an eye on who is out of Pochettino’s squad and both Andros Townsend and Sandro were not part of the Spurs squad to face QPR today.
The Brazilian has been linked with a move to Napoli whilst Townsend has been of interest to Southampton.
And, Ronald Koeman’s side have made another bid for the England winger, according to Sky Sports this evening.
Bryan Swanson, a reporter for Sky Sports confirmed the 12 million pound offer and that Tottenham are not willing to sell Townsend.
But, with Nacer Chadli and Aaron Lennon in front of Townsend in the first team reckoning, with Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela, first choice starters, perhaps there will be movement in the final days of the window.
In addition, Spurs are keen on Morgan Schneiderlin which could potentially lead to some sort of swap deal.
— Bryan Swanson (@skysports_bryan) August 24, 2014
Liverpool v Manchester City- Best Odds!
EXCLUSIVE ODDS – 13/2 Liverpool to beat Manchester City!
Exclusive: Back Liverpool to beat Manchester City at double odds of 13/2! .
- Updated: August 24, 2014