- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Southampton agree £12.5m deal with Celtic for midfielder Victor Wanyama [Scotland on Sunday]
Southampton appear to be close to pulling off a real coup – the signing of Victor Wanyama from Celtic for just 12.5 million pounds.
The back page of Scotland on Sunday says Wanyama spent Saturday in talks with Southampton on what would be a record fee secured by a Scottish club.
Wanyama, just 21, had an outstanding season for Celtic as they secured the Scottish league and cup double.
The Kenyan midfielder had been linked with a host of England’s biggest clubs including Arsenal and Manchester United.
With Celtic having secured Wanyama from Beerschot in Belgium for just 900,000 pounds, this transfer will see the SPL champions make a significant profit on the midfield enforcer.
Southampton meanwhile will likely be confident of profiting from Wanyama who at just 21 has many years of high class football ahead of him.
Alongside Morgan Schneiderlin, Mauricio Pochettino could have at his disposal two young, dynamic and hard working midfielders to protect the Southampton defence next season.
- Updated: June 22, 2013