- Hull to sign Malmo keeper Robin Olsen for free [Fotbollskanalen]
- Worst Xmas present! Borussia Dortmund fan gets a toaster which makes Bayern bread [Pictures]
- Corinthians intensify effort to sign Spurs’ Paulinho, player’s wife being pregnant a factor [Globo]
- Celtic to fend off offers from Arsenal & Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk [Scotsman]
- “He is a player of United!” LVG rules out loan move for Adnan Januzaj
Soner Erteck trends on Colombian Twitter, receives death threats for injuring Radamel Falcao
Colombia’s World Cup hopes are currently up in smoke, with golden boy Radamel Falcao suffering a ruptured ACL injury, and now unlikely to make the Mundial.
And the French conference player who committed the unfortunate act, Soner Ertek, an unknown in his own country, is now persona non grata in the eye of a Colombian storm.
On top of the Twitter death threats, the French minnows AS Chasselay have received diatribe emails written in Spanish, demanding life suspension for Ertek!
Below are a couple of tweets wishing death upon poor Ertek for accidentally injuring Radamel Falcao, while a screengrab of Colombia’s Twitter trends from last night can be seen above.
Ertek merece la muerte, como vas a lesionar a Falcao bobo… y antes del mundial…
— Agu Olguin (@AguOlguin714) January 23, 2014
Este tweet le desea la muerte a Soner Ertek.
— Andrés. (@__OdioMisTuits) January 23, 2014
Muerte lenta para Soner Ertek
— Darío Peña (@MoquitoRico) January 23, 2014
- Updated: January 23, 2014