Lucky boy! Should Christian Benteke have been red carded for this elbow on Azpilicueta?
- May 11, 2013
Aston Villa are likely to be fighting off offers from top clubs this summer for their prize asset Christian Benteke.
He bagged a brilliant great solo goal against Chelsea but he was then involved in an incident with Chelsea right back Cesar Azpilicueta.
The big Belgian forward clearly threw an elbow but was only shown a yellow card by ref Lee Mason, possibly because he doesn’t have a history of violence.
On top of this incident Benteke can count himself a little lucky for not being booked for his goal celebration in which he revealed a message on his shirt for Stiliyan Petrov. However, that would have been pretty cruel.
Ramires was sent off for Chelsea before half time for a second bookable offence.
But should Villa have been down to 10 men too?
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...