Lucky boy! Should Christian Benteke have been red carded for this elbow on Azpilicueta?
- May 11, 2013
Aston Villa are likely to be fighting off offers from top clubs this summer for their prize asset Christian Benteke.
He bagged a brilliant great solo goal against Chelsea but he was then involved in an incident with Chelsea right back Cesar Azpilicueta.
The big Belgian forward clearly threw an elbow but was only shown a yellow card by ref Lee Mason, possibly because he doesn’t have a history of violence.
On top of this incident Benteke can count himself a little lucky for not being booked for his goal celebration in which he revealed a message on his shirt for Stiliyan Petrov. However, that would have been pretty cruel.
Ramires was sent off for Chelsea before half time for a second bookable offence.
But should Villa have been down to 10 men too?
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi