Lucky boy! Should Christian Benteke have been red carded for this elbow on Azpilicueta?
- May 11, 2013
Aston Villa are likely to be fighting off offers from top clubs this summer for their prize asset Christian Benteke.
He bagged a brilliant great solo goal against Chelsea but he was then involved in an incident with Chelsea right back Cesar Azpilicueta.
The big Belgian forward clearly threw an elbow but was only shown a yellow card by ref Lee Mason, possibly because he doesn’t have a history of violence.
On top of this incident Benteke can count himself a little lucky for not being booked for his goal celebration in which he revealed a message on his shirt for Stiliyan Petrov. However, that would have been pretty cruel.
Ramires was sent off for Chelsea before half time for a second bookable offence.
But should Villa have been down to 10 men too?
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...