Should Andy Carroll have been sent off for West Ham v Swansea? [GIF]
The last time Swansea played West Ham, there was a famous video that did the rounds of Sam Allardydce laughing at Swansea defender Chico Flores.
It looks like the Swansea centre back had the last laugh on Allardyce today as he played a big part in the sending off of Andy Carroll.
Albeit West Ham won the game 2-0, with Carroll bagging two assists, but they will be without their talisman for three games now after referee Howard Webb flashed the red card.
After the game Allardyce said: “I’ve just had a look at it and from our point of view I can’t see why Howard has decided to give him a red card. His arm’s gone over the top of his head and while his arm’s swinging round, coming from a position where both players have tangled and are coming round to correct their balance, there were players running round to obscure his [Webb’s] view.”
The West Ham boss continued: “So he can’t be absolutely certain of what’s happened, except that Chico Flores is over-exaggerating, which is generally the norm for him unfortunately. To clutch his face and roll around, I think that’s had a big influence on Howard’s decision, thinking that it’s caught him in the face when it hasn’t at all. If we’re going to red card people for that then we might as well stop playing and I might as well retire. The game’s all about physical contact – there’s two challenges gone in and there’s nothing happened of any major incident. Nobody’s been hurt.”
Judge for yourself on the GIF below.
Watch Live Stream
- Andy Carroll tipped to bail on West Ham in a mega Chinese move [Express]November 5, 2016
- West Ham release statement after Andy Carroll was threatened at gunpointNovember 3, 2016
- West Ham’s Andy Carroll beefs up his goal ratio with Injury TweetAugust 21, 2016
- Strong rumour Andy Carroll has a new long term injury. West Ham fans go nuts [Tweets]August 21, 2016
- How is god’s name did Swansea’s Neil Taylor kick Tottenham’s Kyle Walker in the head & not get sent off?December 3, 2016
- Swansea’s Bob Bradley discusses living through the Port Said tragedy (BBC Audio)November 29, 2016
- Swansea’s players troll Crystal Palace in their locker room [Instagram]November 26, 2016
- Twitter reacts to Swansea’s crazy 5-4 win over Crystal Palace [Tweets]November 26, 2016
- West Ham v Arsenal: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 1, 2016
- West Ham’s Dimitri Payet ridiculed after playing mannequin challenge for Martial’s goalDecember 1, 2016
- Zlatan & Martial bag braces as Man United beat West Ham (official highlights)December 1, 2016
- Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho pays tribute to deceased Chapecoense coach Caio Junior (Video)November 30, 2016