Should Alvaro Arbeloa have been sent off during Man United 1 – Real Madrid 2?
- March 6, 2013
Coming up to 24 hours since kick off of Manchester United’s home defeat to Real Madrid and the inquest into the game and refereeing decisions continues.
Manchester United fans are now voicing their concerns over a challenge in the first half from Real Madrid right back Alvaro Arbeloa, who was of course the victim of Nani’s infamous foul that saw the Portuguese winger sent off.
Arbeloa took a poor touch and hit Patrice Evra high up on the knee with a studs up challenge that was awarded a yellow card by referee Cuneyt Cakir.
In comparison to Nani’s red card early in the second half, Arbeloa may well have been lucky to stay on the pitch until he was substituted for game changer Luka Modric.
Comparison GIFs via Beautifully Red are below with a video of the Arbeloa foul on Patrice Evra, which in all truth was a yellow but is now being painted in a poor light due to the Nani decision, right?
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...