Should Alvaro Arbeloa have been sent off during Man United 1 – Real Madrid 2?
- March 6, 2013
Coming up to 24 hours since kick off of Manchester United’s home defeat to Real Madrid and the inquest into the game and refereeing decisions continues.
Manchester United fans are now voicing their concerns over a challenge in the first half from Real Madrid right back Alvaro Arbeloa, who was of course the victim of Nani’s infamous foul that saw the Portuguese winger sent off.
Arbeloa took a poor touch and hit Patrice Evra high up on the knee with a studs up challenge that was awarded a yellow card by referee Cuneyt Cakir.
In comparison to Nani’s red card early in the second half, Arbeloa may well have been lucky to stay on the pitch until he was substituted for game changer Luka Modric.
Comparison GIFs via Beautifully Red are below with a video of the Arbeloa foul on Patrice Evra, which in all truth was a yellow but is now being painted in a poor light due to the Nani decision, right?
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]