- Arsenal’s Alisher Usmanov loses $809m in 48 hours, Chelsea’s Roman Abramovich loses $449.5m
- Behind-the-scenes footage of Napoli’s crazy calender for 2015 [Video]
- The Guardian pay tribute to Thierry Henry [Video]
- WTF! Bournemouth’s Baily Cargill saw his wig fall off against Liverpool [Vine]
- Karim Benzema: I would love to play under Zidane one day at Real Madrid
Sevilla fans launch a campaign to find Marko Marin a wife so the German will leave Chelsea permanently [Bild]
German daily Bild have an excellent story from field on Monday reporting on how Sevilla’s fans are trying to convince Marko Marin to join the Andalusians permanently from Chelsea.
24-year-old Marin joined Chelsea in the summer of 2012 from Werder Bremen, but the midfielder has only featured six times for the Blues since his arrival in Stamford Bridge.
On the periphery at Stamford Bridge, Marin was farmed out to Sevilla last summer, and the German has since been in top form since moving to Spain.
Marin scored his first goal for Sevilla in a 3–1 friendly win over Manchester United during Rio Ferdinand’s testimonial. He netted two more goals in Sevilla’s first-leg Europa League play-off tie against Śląsk Wrocław.
Having got off to a flyer, the Sevilla fans want Marin to stay longer than his one-year loan deal. And their plan to achieve that goal is by finding the German a woman.
An ESPN discussion of Marin’s move to Sevilla can be seen below.
- Updated: September 16, 2013