Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić on the back of his leg, Man City striker got away with only a yellow
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was lucky not to be sent off against Bosnia on Monday night after an intentional assault against Bosnia.
Argentina beat their European opponents 2-0 courtesy of a double from Kun Aguero, however the centre-forward was lucky to still be on the pitch early in the second half after he kicked out out defender Emir Spahić.
The incident started when Aguero was dumped to the floor after a challenge with Spahić in the Bosnian box, as it appeared that Spahić clipping the City striker’s boot as he tried to snuff out a goalscoring opportunity.
Angry at the knock he received, Aguero reacted badly by kicking out at the Bayer Leverkusen defender. Kun kicked Spahić in the back of his leg.
Perhaps because the game was only a friendly, Aguero was served with only a yellow card for his attack. He was fortunate as he behaviour was worthy of a red.
Watch how Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić below.
Watch Live Stream
- New Argentina squad includes Leo Messi, Sergio Aguero plus Man United & Spurs menAugust 23, 2016
- Argentina’s Edgardo Bauza on how he convinced Leo Messi into his international U-turn [La Nacion]August 23, 2016
- The news Argentina & Leo Messi fans have wanted to hear [Ole]August 5, 2016
- Leonel Aguero talks about his son quitting Argentina after Leo Messi [Paladar Rojo]July 5, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic overtakes Sergio Aguero to become the most owned FPL playerAugust 22, 2016
- Who is better: Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Man City’s Sergio Aguero? (Sky Video)August 21, 2016
- How Man City’s Sergio Aguero has dramatically outscored Chelsea legend Didier DrogbaAugust 20, 2016
- Sergio Aguero fires Man City to another win on Pep Guardiola’s first trip to Stoke [Tweets]August 20, 2016