Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić on the back of his leg, Man City striker got away with only a yellow
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was lucky not to be sent off against Bosnia on Monday night after an intentional assault against Bosnia.
Argentina beat their European opponents 2-0 courtesy of a double from Kun Aguero, however the centre-forward was lucky to still be on the pitch early in the second half after he kicked out out defender Emir Spahić.
The incident started when Aguero was dumped to the floor after a challenge with Spahić in the Bosnian box, as it appeared that Spahić clipping the City striker’s boot as he tried to snuff out a goalscoring opportunity.
Angry at the knock he received, Aguero reacted badly by kicking out at the Bayer Leverkusen defender. Kun kicked Spahić in the back of his leg.
Perhaps because the game was only a friendly, Aguero was served with only a yellow card for his attack. He was fortunate as he behaviour was worthy of a red.
Watch how Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić below.
Watch Live Stream
- The crashed Chapecoense plane recently carried Leo Messi & the Argentina national teamNovember 29, 2016
- Diego Maradona picks a fight with a Man United WAGNovember 23, 2016
- AFA refuse to pay security guards so Lionel Messi steps inNovember 18, 2016
- Journalist Gabriel Anello doubles down on claim Ezequiel Lavezzi smoked weed [Globo]November 17, 2016
- Chelsea boss reveals damage caused by Sergio Aguero’s tackle on David LuizDecember 10, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man United v Spurs & how to replace AgueroDecember 9, 2016
- Atletico Madrid are making serious money from Sergio Aguero’s success at Man CityDecember 6, 2016
- Sergio Aguero hit with a four game ban for horror tackle on David LuizDecember 5, 2016