Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić on the back of his leg, Man City striker got away with only a yellow
- November 19, 2013
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was lucky not to be sent off against Bosnia on Monday night after an intentional assault against Bosnia.
Argentina beat their European opponents 2-0 courtesy of a double from Kun Aguero, however the centre-forward was lucky to still be on the pitch early in the second half after he kicked out out defender Emir Spahić.
The incident started when Aguero was dumped to the floor after a challenge with Spahić in the Bosnian box, as it appeared that Spahić clipping the City striker’s boot as he tried to snuff out a goalscoring opportunity.
Angry at the knock he received, Aguero reacted badly by kicking out at the Bayer Leverkusen defender. Kun kicked Spahić in the back of his leg.
Perhaps because the game was only a friendly, Aguero was served with only a yellow card for his attack. He was fortunate as he behaviour was worthy of a red.
Watch how Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...