Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić on the back of his leg, Man City striker got away with only a yellow
- November 19, 2013
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was lucky not to be sent off against Bosnia on Monday night after an intentional assault against Bosnia.
Argentina beat their European opponents 2-0 courtesy of a double from Kun Aguero, however the centre-forward was lucky to still be on the pitch early in the second half after he kicked out out defender Emir Spahić.
The incident started when Aguero was dumped to the floor after a challenge with Spahić in the Bosnian box, as it appeared that Spahić clipping the City striker’s boot as he tried to snuff out a goalscoring opportunity.
Angry at the knock he received, Aguero reacted badly by kicking out at the Bayer Leverkusen defender. Kun kicked Spahić in the back of his leg.
Perhaps because the game was only a friendly, Aguero was served with only a yellow card for his attack. He was fortunate as he behaviour was worthy of a red.
Watch how Sergio Aguero deliberately kicked Emir Spahić below.
- Ariel Ortega tribute account’s rather epic defense of Lionel Messi goes viral
- Ole editor calls for Leo Messi to be stripped of Argentina captaincy after ‘wande...
- See how Lionel Messi’s family were allegedly attacked by Chile fans at the Copa A...
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Cheat: Javier Pastore’s embarrassing attempt to win a penalty during Argentina v ...
- Watch Leo Messi’s reactions throughout Argentina’s miserable shoot-out v Ch...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi