Save of the Weekend: Eugene Galekovic’s amazing double stop (Adelaide) v Wellington
- December 17, 2012
There is more to Australian top flight soccer than just Emile Heskey and Alessandro Del Piero.
Adelaide United beat the Wellington Phoenix 3-1 on Sunday to hold second place in the A-League, and the final moment of the match produced a brilliant double stop for home goalie Eugene Galekovic.
Galekovic, a 31-year-old shot-stopper who is into his 5th season with United, was called upon in the 94th minute when he faced a penalty from Wellington’s Tyler Boyd, and the keeper’s efforts were magnificent.
Galekovic stopped Boyd’s spot-kick with a terrific one-handed save, however the danger was far from over as the ball bounced straight back out the Phoenix penalty taker. Boyd then whacked the rebound back on target, only for Galekovic to spring into action once again to complete a superb double block.
Watch Eugene Galekovic’s amazing double save below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278735″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...