- Xabi Alonso on uber-wealthy Man City’s European struggles: Football is not mathematics
- Fan footage of Harry Kane’s equaliser for Spurs against Hull [Video]
- Paul Pogba stole the show as Juventus recorded comprehensive win over Lazio [Official Highlights]
- Howard Webb discusses yellow cards and discipline with Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville
- Dortmund attacker Marco Reus scores before sustaining ankle injury against Paderborn [Video]
Save of the Weekend: Eugene Galekovic’s amazing double stop (Adelaide) v Wellington
There is more to Australian top flight soccer than just Emile Heskey and Alessandro Del Piero.
Adelaide United beat the Wellington Phoenix 3-1 on Sunday to hold second place in the A-League, and the final moment of the match produced a brilliant double stop for home goalie Eugene Galekovic.
Galekovic, a 31-year-old shot-stopper who is into his 5th season with United, was called upon in the 94th minute when he faced a penalty from Wellington’s Tyler Boyd, and the keeper’s efforts were magnificent.
Galekovic stopped Boyd’s spot-kick with a terrific one-handed save, however the danger was far from over as the ball bounced straight back out the Phoenix penalty taker. Boyd then whacked the rebound back on target, only for Galekovic to spring into action once again to complete a superb double block.
Watch Eugene Galekovic’s amazing double save below.
- Updated: December 17, 2012