- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
Save of the Weekend: Eugene Galekovic’s amazing double stop (Adelaide) v Wellington
There is more to Australian top flight soccer than just Emile Heskey and Alessandro Del Piero.
Adelaide United beat the Wellington Phoenix 3-1 on Sunday to hold second place in the A-League, and the final moment of the match produced a brilliant double stop for home goalie Eugene Galekovic.
Galekovic, a 31-year-old shot-stopper who is into his 5th season with United, was called upon in the 94th minute when he faced a penalty from Wellington’s Tyler Boyd, and the keeper’s efforts were magnificent.
Galekovic stopped Boyd’s spot-kick with a terrific one-handed save, however the danger was far from over as the ball bounced straight back out the Phoenix penalty taker. Boyd then whacked the rebound back on target, only for Galekovic to spring into action once again to complete a superb double block.
Watch Eugene Galekovic’s amazing double save below.
- Updated: December 17, 2012