Russian reports: Spurs have beaten Liverpool to Willian signing, medical imminent
- August 20, 2013
Russian journalist Nobel Arustamyan reports this Tuesday morning that Tottenham have beaten Liverpool to the signing of Brazilian midfielder Willian.
Arustamyan is considered a reliable source on account of the fact he is the deputy editor in chief of Radio Sport in Russia, a commentator on Russia’s NTV Plus and a regular host on Anzhi’s radio channel.
Tottenham have reportedly reached agreement with Anzhi for Willian and the probability of a transfer is “now very high,” according to Arustamyan.
Russian website Sports.ru also confirm the suggestion, adding that a medical examination at Spurs is imminent with personal terms also set to be discussed.
Liverpool were thought to be the front runners for Willian until Spurs moved in early this week.
Brendan Rodgers’ side are understood to have offered Anzhi 30 million euros plus a 50% sell-on clause for Willian.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas spoke about Willian yesterday, see video below. This is followed by a scouting video of the Brazilian playmaker.
[gthumb id=”345767″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi