Russian reports: Spurs have beaten Liverpool to Willian signing, medical imminent
- August 20, 2013
Russian journalist Nobel Arustamyan reports this Tuesday morning that Tottenham have beaten Liverpool to the signing of Brazilian midfielder Willian.
Arustamyan is considered a reliable source on account of the fact he is the deputy editor in chief of Radio Sport in Russia, a commentator on Russia’s NTV Plus and a regular host on Anzhi’s radio channel.
Tottenham have reportedly reached agreement with Anzhi for Willian and the probability of a transfer is “now very high,” according to Arustamyan.
Russian website Sports.ru also confirm the suggestion, adding that a medical examination at Spurs is imminent with personal terms also set to be discussed.
Liverpool were thought to be the front runners for Willian until Spurs moved in early this week.
Brendan Rodgers’ side are understood to have offered Anzhi 30 million euros plus a 50% sell-on clause for Willian.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas spoke about Willian yesterday, see video below. This is followed by a scouting video of the Brazilian playmaker.
[gthumb id=”345767″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...