- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Russian reports: Spurs have beaten Liverpool to Willian signing, medical imminent
Russian journalist Nobel Arustamyan reports this Tuesday morning that Tottenham have beaten Liverpool to the signing of Brazilian midfielder Willian.
Arustamyan is considered a reliable source on account of the fact he is the deputy editor in chief of Radio Sport in Russia, a commentator on Russia’s NTV Plus and a regular host on Anzhi’s radio channel.
Tottenham have reportedly reached agreement with Anzhi for Willian and the probability of a transfer is “now very high,” according to Arustamyan.
Russian website Sports.ru also confirm the suggestion, adding that a medical examination at Spurs is imminent with personal terms also set to be discussed.
Liverpool were thought to be the front runners for Willian until Spurs moved in early this week.
Brendan Rodgers’ side are understood to have offered Anzhi 30 million euros plus a 50% sell-on clause for Willian.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas spoke about Willian yesterday, see video below. This is followed by a scouting video of the Brazilian playmaker.
[gthumb id="345767" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: August 20, 2013