Rudi Voller confirms Liverpool target Emre Can has a €12m release clause [Bild]
Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller has given a lengthy interview to Bild today, which will be of interest to Liverpool fans.
Rumours emerged over the weekend that Liverpool were eager to sign Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can, and these have been confirmed by Voller.
He admits that Liverpool are interested in Emre Can and he does have a release clause, understood to be worth 12 million euros.
On Liverpool’s reported move for the player, Voller says: “We know there is interest, but have nothing official.”
Voller: “It is clear that Emre now has a clause in the contract – a decision is still pending. The business would be lucrative. But that is not the sticking point. We are of the opinion that Emre would still do well one years with us.”
The former Germany striker adds: ” [Bayer Leverkusen coach] Roger Schmidt has already spoken with him, he is really into the player. And I am convinced that Can would be even better with Roger.”
Finally, Voller is also asked by Bild about the fact Bayern Munich have a buy-back clause on Emre Can which they can utilise in 2015.
The Leverkusen sporting director adds: “Of course I spoke with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge [of Bayern Munich] on the subject. They think that for Emre’s development another season Leverkusen would be just right.”
It would appear much will depend on Brendan Rodgers being able to convince Emre Can to leave Leverkusen and Germany for Anfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5th, 2016
- Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell wants to be Marcelo’s apprentice at Real Madrid [Quotes]March 12th, 2016
- Man United post interest in a Bayer Leverkusen defender [Kicker]March 6th, 2016
- Leverkusen v Dortmund held up for 10 minutes as the ref walks off (Video + Tweets)February 21st, 2016
- New Liverpool signing Loris Karius discusses move from Mainz on InstagramMay 25th, 2016
- Done Deal: Liverpool sign Loris Karius from Mainz (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Redmen TV try to convince themselves Mario Gotze could still join Liverpool from Bayern (Video)May 24th, 2016
- UEFA fine Liverpool & Man United for fan trouble during Europa League clashMay 24th, 2016