Rudi Voller confirms Liverpool target Emre Can has a €12m release clause [Bild]
Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller has given a lengthy interview to Bild today, which will be of interest to Liverpool fans.
Rumours emerged over the weekend that Liverpool were eager to sign Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can, and these have been confirmed by Voller.
He admits that Liverpool are interested in Emre Can and he does have a release clause, understood to be worth 12 million euros.
On Liverpool’s reported move for the player, Voller says: “We know there is interest, but have nothing official.”
Voller: “It is clear that Emre now has a clause in the contract – a decision is still pending. The business would be lucrative. But that is not the sticking point. We are of the opinion that Emre would still do well one years with us.”
The former Germany striker adds: ” [Bayer Leverkusen coach] Roger Schmidt has already spoken with him, he is really into the player. And I am convinced that Can would be even better with Roger.”
Finally, Voller is also asked by Bild about the fact Bayern Munich have a buy-back clause on Emre Can which they can utilise in 2015.
The Leverkusen sporting director adds: “Of course I spoke with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge [of Bayern Munich] on the subject. They think that for Emre’s development another season Leverkusen would be just right.”
It would appear much will depend on Brendan Rodgers being able to convince Emre Can to leave Leverkusen and Germany for Anfield.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich v Bayer Leverkusen: Watch a live stream of the Bundesliga matchNovember 25, 2016
- Most hated team in the Bundesliga has their bus pelted with paint by Leverkusen fans [Pictures]November 18, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand believes Javier Hernandez would thrive at Tottenham or ArsenalNovember 2, 2016
- Tottenham vs Bayer Leverkusen [Team Sheets]November 2, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man City v Chelsea & how to replace CoutinhoDecember 2, 2016