- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
RTE’s Kenny Cunningham criticised Tahiti for smiling after Spain defeat, gets Twitter backlash
- Updated: June 21, 2013
Kenny Cunningham is a tough critic.
Following Spain’s double-figure victory of Tahiti, the Irish talking-head laid into the French Polynesian minnows for their attitude at the end of the match.
Cunningham was particularly irked by the fact that the Tahitians were smiling at the full-time whistle.
Nobody wants to be embarrassed and taken apart like the Tahitians were tonight, whether you’re playing at an amateur or professional level. So, I’m a little surprised to see all those smiling faces from those Tahitian players at the end of the game cos that’s a 10-0 rout.
Cunningham’s tough comments were not only challenged by fellow pundit Richie Sadlier on the Irish broadcast, but plenty of people on Twitter waded into the debate to stick up for the Tahitians on Twitter.
Watch Kenny Cunningham’s harsh critique below, followed by a series of Tweets taking the pundit to task.
But it could be worse, RTE's Kenny Cunningham questioned Tahiti's professionalism and preparation. Embarrassing.
— Back Page Football (@bpfootball) June 20, 2013
Kenny Cunningham seriously out of order on rte.Tryin to impress Roy keane with his "winners" attitude.They are amateurs playing world champs
— Mark Hanratty (@markhanners) June 20, 2013
Kenny Cunningham questioning the professionalism of the Tahiti players ? For god sake , they are amateurs playing the best team in Football
— Irish Dortmund (@IrishDortmund) June 20, 2013
Kenny Cunningham is a dope. He was a useless player and a worse pundit. He wouldn't make the Tahiti team. #dickhead
— Paul Egan (@PaulEgan10) June 20, 2013
Kenny Cunningham talking absolute bollox here on @RTEsport! Give Tahiti credit for winner their confeds and playing vs the best players ever
— Dean Hill (@Hillerzz) June 20, 2013